𝔗𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔥 ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

The kingdom of Gryffindor has always and will always be on the east side of the circular island, Hogwarts. The national colors of this kingdom were scarlet and gold and they always shined the most on Gryffindor Day, the twenty-second of March.

The land east of Hogwarts was most known for its warriors, the strong individuals that save their own kingdom as well as their neighbors.

The very same kingdom has a certain family that rules the situation - the Potters.

The King of Hogwarts was Fleamont Potter, a man the had an equal amount of braveness and intelligence. His wife, Queeb Euphemia Potter, balanced him in every aspect possible. Whenever he got over his head, Euphemia would dunk his head in a bucket of ice water to bring him back to the surface.

Once, that was not used as a metaphor, but rather something that actually happened. Only once.

Okay, maybe twice. Especially when they were younger, a time before they had a child.

Speaking about their child, James Fleamont Potter was the only son which made him the immediate heir to the throne. More accurately, he was the only possible heir to the Gryffindor throne.

He was the very same James Potter that passed Lily Evans on one fine morning way after Ravenclaw's arrival in the kingdom of Gryffindor. 

"Good morning, Evans," he smirked her way, although he did not think she would pay any attention to him. 

"Potter," was the only acknowledgment he gave her. 

"No good morning?" he stopped and questioned her. 

"Can't say yet if it is good yet," the redhead shrugged. 

"I have a gut feeling it will be great."

"Why do people always say that and then something terrible occurs?" Lily questioned, looking up from her book. 

"Well, I got to see your eyes, so I count it as a good morning."

The redhead rolled those green eyes. 
"I see your cheesiness has not changed yet."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Fleamont Potter and Euphemia Potter were having lunch with their son and the guests were welcomed into their home. 

It was somewhat peaceful, even quiet if I must add. That was, of course, until a letter arrived from a place they least expected.

"From where?" King Fleamont asked his advisor, the one who delivered the envelope. 

"Hogwarts, sire." 

"Hogwarts?" this question was from Euphemia, while everyone else had a mask of confusion on both their face and mind. 

"Yes, ma'am."

"That's peculiar," Euphemia commented as her husband opened the letter. Both Gryffindor rulers read the letter from Hogwarts at the same time. 

"Mom, what is it?" James asked. 

"Hogwarts' ball is proceeding to return," Euphemia explained. "Starting with this year, the masquerade balls at Hogwarts are to return." 

"They haven't done a ball since..." he wasn't sure if he should continue or not. 

"Since Ravenclaw fell and isolated itself," continued the Queen of Ravenclaw for him. 

"Yeah."

"Are we going to attend?" Alice asked. 

"It is mandatory," Lily recalled all the times that she tried to escape from them and failed. 

When she remembered the last ball Hogwarts has ever held, she was not the only one remembering such a moment. Let me tell you that a certain prince was also remembering those previous times...

"Come dance with me," Lily asked her ladies politely.

"We cannot," he heard the eldest of them say kindly. "It would seem like an outcast. It is meant for us to stick to the side."

"Traditions are meant to be broken," said Lily. "They aren't pasta or some sort of food you swallow in one go."

He smirked into his drink, trying to conceal his laughter in order to not be caught in the process of eavesdropping.

Yet, he was still caught.

"Laughing at what exactly, Potter?" asked a newcomer who stood beside the Prince of Gryffindor.

"Something that does not include you, Black," said the prince, briefly glancing at the heir of Slytherin.

"I bet I could guess," smirked Sirius as he watched James return to focusing on a certain princess who was enjoying the dance with her ladies. 

And, of course, if Gryffindor got a letter, so did the other kingdoms. If it is sent to one, then it is certainly sent to all. And if it is mandatory, it is mandatory for all. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

She was enjoying a moment with her ladies when a knock came on her door. 

"May I have a word with your queen?" asked Euphemia Potter. 

"For what reason?"

"Just a moment of your time," Euphemia addressed her redhead rival. 

Lily nodded and stood up as the rest of her ladies exited the room. Euphemia entered, closing the door behind her, but keeping in mind that Lily's ladies might eavesdrop. She remembered how she was as a teenager and she didn't deem them to be so far from the same. 

"What may you want, Mrs. Potter?" 

"You don't have to worry about clothes. I am willing to help," Euphemia started. 

"Whatever for?"

"For the ball," Euphemia clarified. "I know that you are our guests, but we really do owe you-"

"Do not do this because you are sorry or because out of pity," Lily begged. "That is far worse."

"Then let me do it out of friendship," Euphemia held the redhead's hand. "Let me do it because I am Euphemia Potter and I think you know I would not take no for an answer." 

"As long as my friends are dressed as well."

"Your ladies?" Euphemia questioned.

"They are worthy of going as anyone else," Lily said, a little defensively.

"Of course."
Euphemia was not about to decline that condition when given the offer to help dress them up. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

The way Euphemia Potter was about to do it because of pity made Lily think of certain thoughts at night. 

She was on her bed thinking about her family.

Would any of this have happened if they were alive? She didn't think so. Would any of this have happened if Petunia was queen instead? Lily knew the answer was certainly a no. 

All those questions came across her mind. 

She slowly started thinking of even darker thoughts, and she could not hold them anymore. She curled closer around the pillow.

She had to shut off her mind. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Lily is catching feelings! Yay!

How many chapters are left?