𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔥 ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

You might still be shocked about what had happened, but let me tell you that it was quite expected. Or at least it was to me. Maybe being the narrator was a benefitting factor, but why not expect such a thing? 

Well, of course with a new object comes to town, questions about the said object are meant to rise to the occasion. 

"You got engaged before your actual wedding day?!" Marlene exclaimed upon seeing the ring when she woke up the princess. 

"Marlene," Narcissa took off the ring slowly. "No need for any chastise over a small ring."

"That ring may be simple, but the meaning behind it is surely greater than simplicity." 

Narcissa retold her maid what had happened...

They were having a bachelorette night when Emmeline Vance decided to take the bride-to-be out on a little walk.

"You know, I approve."

"Of?" Narcissa commented.

"You and my brother."

"Your brother?" Narcissa stopped.

"Enjoy this gift from me," were Emmeline's last words to the bride-to-be before she turned around and left the two alone.

She danced with her true love and by the end of the night, he proposed just like he had always planned. True, he knew that she was arranged to be married off to someone else, but he could not hold himself. 

"It was simple, but, as you said, the meaning was much bigger," Narcissa spoke. "He even said that he wanted me to keep the ring, even if I cannot marry him."

"You said yes."

"I said yes in the chance that some sort of thing changes our paths and helps us," Narcissa corrected. "It is a semi-yes, in my opinion."

"You still technically agreed!" Marlene whisper-shouted. 

"At the same time, I technically declined all because of this arrangement. All because I have more trust in the path than in myself."

"Where are you planning on hiding it?"

"It's a pale blue color, so I'm thinking it be my something blue for this wedding."

"You will not be wearing a ring-"

"I am not that much of a fool like my brother, the one of the two you happen to have a fling with," Narcissa rolled her eyes. "I am going to fray it as a chain."

It was at that moment that the Queen of Slytherin entered the room without knocking on the door. Her trusted lady was right behind her, carefully holding the dress the bride was to wear. 

"Are you ready for your wedding?"

Narcissa sighed, which her mother took as last-minute stress. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

The groom was getting ready, adjusting a fold in his suit that seemed arranged. 

"Even on your wedding day, you have to be a mess," Sirius muttered. 

"I feel luckier when I am a mess," James said. 

"That sounds absurd," Remus noted. 

"Fit for this ridiculous wedding."

"You'll do great," Sirius clapped his hand on the groom's shoulder. "It's not like this is the first arranged marriage."

"For me, yes."