𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔥 ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

"We welcome a marriage this season!" Gellert announced to the watching crowd.

"A wedding?" Mary whispered to the ears of the Ravenclaw group.

"A union, between Slytherin and Gryffindor! The bride of Slytherin and the groom from Gryffindor," Gellert smiled. "Congratulations, James Potter and Narcissa Black. Or should I say, soon-to-be Potter, future Queen of Gryffindor?"

A glass goblet fell to the floor and crashed.

You suppose that when a king makes such an announcement, it is expected that something big is to happen.

"An arranged marriage, really, Dad?" James Potter ran a hand through his hair.

"Told you so," Euphemia glared at her husband as if they were back in their teenage years once more.

"Why?"

"You said you would do anything for Gryffindor, son," Fleamont Potter. "I assumed it was direct permission."

"Did you truthfully ask, though?" the Prince of Gryffindor asked, his hand seemingly stuck to his hair.

"That is exactly what I said," Euphemia spoke, having a little stare-down with her husband.

"I'm sorry, but this establishes peace."

"And you believe Orion?"

"If it pushes matters to be reasonable, I can go and rip it asunder."

"No," the prince said.

"James, if you don't wish this marriage to happen, it can vanish."

"Not without the price of a war," James explained. "You go heretofore on your contract, I guarantee you Orion Black will literally burn Gryffindor to the ground."

"It isn't far if he is an arsonist," Euphemia muttered mostly to herself.

"We have to go on with this wedding," James Potter concluded. "For the best of the kingdom. For peace."

In another part of the castle at Hogwarts, where the Blacks resided, a similar conversation was occurring...

"A betrothal?" Narcissa asked, holding back her tears. "Behind my back?"

"It is for power," Orion stated. "And you will not be backing out of this."

"Fuck you," Sirius spoke. "Where is the consent?"

"Sit down before you regret it," Regulus whispered and pulled his brother down.

"I never regret a thing," Sirius noted, no time to put on his infamous smirk. "He practically sold our sister away for power!"

"Leave," Orion demanded. "It would be better."

You presume that when such a fuss occurs around an arrangement, it is because something is to happen.

Well, not everything goes to plan. Especially since James Potter and Narcissa Black have agreed to ruin this wedding in more ways than one. Not only were they late, but they also both said 'I do not' at the same time.

When the news reached the king's ears, who was sitting in the first row, you must expect that he was enraged. He stood up and almost forced the wedding, but he was stopped in a rather comical way.

A cloaked woman ran a metal pan on his head, which caused him to fall down.

"Well, Faith certainly has its ways," the dark cloak, traced in gold, fell to the ground as it revealed the woman behind the mask.