32 - ARC 4.2

Third P.O.V

(Y/N) suddenly had an idea.

What if I just killed the princess?

(Y/N) thought that was a brilliant idea, and was most certainly going to do it.

["If you knowing let the death of either of the main characters happen, the result will be failure of the mission."]

The system just HAD to speak up.

("What about Kira?")

["Female lead halo."]

(Y/N) faced palmed.

Another reason (Y/N) was extremely upset was because when Naomi was 6, she was kidnapped, and original (Y/N) stumbled into the kidnapper's house and managed to save her. The king was so grateful that he sponsored (Y/N) in becoming a knight.

So current (Y/N) has to save their future murderer so they don't fail their mission.

(Y/N) sulks as they make their way towards saving the princess.

The house described by the system looked more rugged than (Y/N)'s current house. (Y/N) easily got in through the window.

Despite the outward appearance, the house seemed to have several rooms.

The house felt eerily quiet, and (Y/N) decided that they would have to cautiously check every room.

In the second room they checked, (Y/N) saw a small boy around their age tied to a chair.

Since (Y/N) was human, they went up to the boy and poked his cheek.

"Would you do me a favor?"

(Y/N) asks. Now that they looked at him, the boy seemed to be a noble.

"Are you gonna help me or not?"

(Y/N) asks when the boy said nothing. The boy nods in response.

"Okay."

(Y/N) takes out the knife they stored in their pocket and cut the ropes.

"Listen, down the hall you'll find an open window, go out and find a guard. I think there are more children here, the guards are the best chance we have at saving everyone else. Come back as soon as possible. Do you understand?"

The boy nods and scurries off. (Y/N) continues their search for the princess.

They found other children and gave them the same instructions they gave to the boy. After awhile (Y/N) finally found the princess.

She was tied up and sobbing on the floor.

(Y/N) walked up to the princess and cut her ropes.

"Come on, we don't have much time."

(Y/N) lifted the surprisingly light princess off the ground.

"Who are you?"

Naomi sniffed.

"The name's (Y/N). I'm going to be the person who gets you out of here."

(Y/N) said with a grin.

"You're not going anywhere."

(Y/N) turned around and got into a defensive stance. Although the kidnapper seemed like he could easily crush them, (Y/N) would not go down without a fight.

"That's what you think."

(Y/N) smirked at the man in the doorway.

Author's Note: Cliffhanger.