44 - ARC 5.4

Third P.O.V

Turns out that Aria's idea of a 'beanstalk' was a tall tree overgrown by vines.

"Isn't this a cool beanstalk?!"

Aria asked excitedly.

Poor child, she seems to actually think this tree is a beanstalk.

Although (Y/N) felt sympathetic towards the seven year old girl, they couldn't go OOC(Out Of Character).

"Yeaaaaah!"

(Y/N) nodded vigorously. Aria radiated joy.

"Follow me! I'll help you up!"

Aria ran to the trunk of the tree. (Y/N) was nervous at the thought of a tiny person helping them up, so they deliberately walked slowly.

Just as Aria was going to give (Y/N) a boost, the sound of sniffling reached their ears.

"Did you hear that?"

(Y/N) asked in a dramatic whisper.

"I didn't hear anything."

Aria whispered back.

"Then why did you whisper back?"

Aria's face showed how she was caught in a lie and was now thinking of an excuse to cover it up.

"I was whispering because you were."

(Y/N) was at a loss of words...

..For two seconds.

"I said it dramatically so my volume was much louder than your normal whisper."

(Y/N) shot back. Then they saw Aria's face and realized they messed up.

In their desire to win, (Y/N) had accidentally showed attitude that was not normal for a four year old.

"I read that in the one funny book with the yellow cover!"

(Y/N) quickly covered up their fib by pulling an excuse that Aria could not confirm or deny.

The book in question had been their father's until their mother threw it away after (Y/N) got a hold of it.

You can guess what kind of book it is based on the fact that children shouldn't be reading it.

Instead of waiting for Aria to answer, (Y/N) looked for the source of the sniffling.

Behind the tree a young boy was crying his eyes out.

(Y/N) decided to be a good person.

"Why are you crying?"

(Y/N) asked gently. The boy turned so his back was faceing (Y/N).

"You wouldn't understand."

The boy muttered.

"Try me."

(Y/N) was about to slap the boy. Who rejects pure good intentions?!

"No one wants to play with me."

The boy's voice was just above a whisper. (Y/N) mentally facepalmed at how easy it is to solve the problem.

Aria was suddenly behind (Y/N)'s shoulder.

"What's going on?"

Aria asked with a confused expression.

"I was going to invite this boy to play with us!"

(Y/N) said cheerfully. The boy's ears perk up and Aria's eyes darken.

"That's not happening."

Aria then proceeded to drag (Y/N) away.

"We are going to play somewhere else!"

(Y/N) was left speechless.

Wasn't Aria supposed to be over-friendly?

(Y/N) wondered.

Meanwhile, in a world in between worlds...

[Error. System Error.$!_:)€%\÷;=+×;#(&#&(:_÷]

Author's Note: I AM BACK! After my break I have decided to temporarily put [Yandere Oneshots] and Leveling Up In An Otome Game on-hold so I can get ARC 5 done by the end of this month. Once the ARC is finished I will update my other two books.