48 - ARC 5.8

Third P.O.V

The sun is shining, birds are singing, it is a perfect day to confess.

Connor was sure of it. He walked hopefully to the meeting spot.

It was the same tree where Connor and (Y/N) first met.

Connor originally wanted to bring some romantic roses, but the village florist didn't seem to have any, so he seddled for a small sunflower.

The sunflower reflected how (Y/N) was like a sunflower. A bright, shiny figure in Connor's dull life.

Someone who brought color to his gray world.

As silly as it sounds, Connor felt at peace around (Y/N), and felt like they were the center of his world.

Even if (Y/N) rejected him, Connor would be happy to just be by their side.

"Long time no see."

(Y/N) said as they walked up to the tree.

"How is my best friend doing?"

The words stung, but Connor persevered.

"About that..."

Connor gripped the flower he had behind his back.

"I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU! PLEASE LET ME BE YOUR BOYFRIEND! I WILL TRY TO MAKE YOU THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD!!"

Connor has a blushing face as he holds the sunflower out to (Y/N).

(Y/N) wasn't exactly sure what to feel.

On the one hand, they kind of expected this. On the other, dating Connor may cause some trouble.

I should probably give him a chance...

"I wouldn't mind you as a boyfriend."

(Y/N) said to the blushing boy. They took the flower from his hand.

Connor seemed to gain some courage after a moment. He grabbed (Y/N)'s hand and started running.

"Let's go on a date!!"

Everyone was happy to see the young couple finally together...

Except Aria.

"Didn't he just ask you to be his best friend? How are you now dating?"

"I've said this three times already, he meant to ask me out, but said the wrong thing. I think I should give him a chance."

Aria still didn't seem convinced.

"He is three years older than you."

"Aria, Connor is the same age as you. Besides, there are couples with larger age-gaps."

(Y/N) thought they might have eased Aria's worries.

"I won't let you date him."

Aria said emotionlessly.

"I don't believe you have a say, it's my life."

(Y/N) retorted. Aria grabbed (Y/N)'s neck before they could walk away.

"I don't why you are so disobedient, did you forget that you are MINE?"

The coldness in Aria's was unfamiliar to (Y/N), but they had seen it in others before.

She's a psycho!!

(Y/N)'s vocal cords were currently cut off as they were being strangled. Aria seemed to notice (Y/N)'s current situation and let go of their neck.

"Oh! (Y/N), am I so sorry, I don't know what got into me!"

The sweet older sister was back, but (Y/N) would never look at her the same again.

I still have a day or two before I meet the requirements to leave, but it's too dangerous to be around Aria....

..I think an escape plan is in order.

Author's Note: I am cutting it SO close to the end of the month.