VOL0 CH6

As guts walk his way, he sighs on the fact he cannot train for a while, for his ribs to heal properly. He looks at his surroundings and sees that it is close to sundown, so there is no time to head to the training spot. However, he'll take his time so that visiting hours can pass, he thinks to himself that if he gets there, he'll have to spend the rest of the time on the roof. He cringes at the thought of visiting hours. How he has to present himself to strangers almost every day but came to realize that his looks make him less than desirable, with his pointy ears, scarred nose, obsidian eyes and his stoic scowling expression he looks like a troublemaker at first glance.

As it gets dark, Guts makes it to the gate of the orphanage and there he sees Casca wait for him at the porch. He approaches her, as she walks up to him with a crossed face and looks like she is about to scold him until she sees the injuries.

"Oh my god Guts what happened to you "she said as she crouched down and inspected his face, cupping it with her hands. "Nothing to worry about Casca, it just a-OWCH" he flinches as Casca inspect the rest of his body patting on the bandages. She feels an odd surface under his shirt and lifts it up, seeing the bandages around his torso "this is nothing !?"

"You better tell me what happened or else..." she said, releasing an ominous aura. She may be kind, but she is very terrifying when she doesn't have her way, "ok, ok i saved two girls from a grim and got hurt so they took me to their house and patch me up" he said comedically not wanting to face Casca wrath. She took a deep breath, she did not look worried, in truth Guts always seem to find a way for him to get hurt.

"I swear you'll be the death of me one of these days" Casca complained as she walks with Guts to the house

"So, tell me more about these girls" she asked

"Will there's one with black hair with red tips at the end, her name is Ruby and she's a bit younger than me. She's kind and really nice .... And there's Yang, she's blond and has pigtails and the one responsible for my face" he pointed to his face "she's alright ... punched me a lot but I guess I deserve it" Casca raised her brow, curious, as Gut explained the event before the grim attack

"Well, I think she must of feel embarrassed that she beat you up and still you came to saved her"

"Huh that what their dad said too"

You want to make it up to her" Guts shrugged "invite her and ruby to your training sessions and be friends. You don't have any and I don't want to be lonely" she said solemnly, ever since Guts came to the orphanage he hasn't bonded with the other kids and is molly talking with people older than him, she hopes that the girls can help him allow to be a "kid".

Guts remained silent before answering, "...sure why not, we can work on adding more to the training spot" but in truth guts would like to have some company. He wants something akin to Griffith and Martino, however, see that they are different. He knows that Griffith's idea of a friend is an equal, in a sense of his dream, that much he could understand. With Martino he was like a teacher for a while until he no longer needed one, but since then they have been on equal ground. However, when he asked to go with him when the camp was falling apart, he had no destination; it made him aimless like Guts. So that is why Griffith words are still in effect, Guts wants a friend, an equal. But he must have a dream to aim at. And who knows they might help him get strong along the way.

"Well, that's good, just don't hurt them ok." She said, "Also visiting hours are still affected so what are you going to do" she knew that guts had no desire to be adopted, or else she would have done it. "I going to get some food and waited out on the roof" he said as he enters the house and heads to the kitchen, leaving Casca alone outside smiley as she gazes it the moon