VOL0 CH12

After leaving the care of his gear to godo. Guts takes the substitute sword and heads to fortress GRY to train. He trains for some time, as he parries a log that swings back and forth, however he has a feel that he is being watched, he takes a moment to "rest" and subtly observe his surroundings. When he first established this place, it had the purpose to give a complete three-sixty view of his surrounding unlike the camp which had hills and he cleared out some foliage to make a proper clearing. He was about to continue his training until he lays eyes on a bird, specifically a raven. He would have brushed it off, however that has been the same bird for the past month. And frankly he is getting annoyed by it.

He noticed it for some time now and noted its odd behavior. Like how it never breaks eye contact with him, it always appears when he starts training right after school and always leaves when he finishes. How every time he trains he makes powerful strikes, it doesn't  flinch or fly off from the pressure that it gives off. But what seals the deal for him are its eyes, a fierce color of red similar to a grimm, despite that it's not triggering his "curse" so he did nothing about it, until now.

He goes over to have a drink of water with his hands on his hip near his crossbow, he slowly undo the strap desperately not to alert the bird. He then stopped drinking water and wiped his lips as in an instance he drew his weapon and fired three shots making the bird fly up and dodge the incoming fire. Guts grit his teeth, confirming his suspicion that this was no ordinary bird. He quickly loaded an ice dust bolt and fired it. The bird dodge again looking back at the ice bolt, as it hits a tree turning it entirely out of ice, it shatters from the sudden temperature change. The bird still hovering looking at the tree, it turns back to guts, only to have him right in front of it. Guts figured that the bird had some intelligence so he fired the ice bolt catching its attention as he jumped high in the air, prepping a strike as the bird looked back at him. He could see the white of its eyes, as he brought his sword down at the bird. It manuver itself out of the way, making guts miss and cursing himself. He drops to the floor rolling to break the fall, he stands up ready to shoot again until the bird goes straight to him, clawing at him in the face. Guts tries to swat it away but can land a hit. The bird seamlessly tried to scratch his eyes out but with no avail, but did manage to scratch his face a few times.

Guts then release a burst of aura creating some distance with the bird, as it finally takes its leave and files off. Guts scratched up and royally pissed off, was not going to let this bastard fly off scott free. He channels his aura to the very edge of the sword and fires off an aura slice in the air. He lands a hit managing to clip its wing causing it to fall, he grins as he takes off to its general direction. running through the woods, he sporadically looks for any sign of the bird, only to meet a blunt object smacking him in the face cause him to fall on his back. As he's clutching his face in pain he hears the sound of a sword unsheathing and a strange noise, making him look up, managing to see the tail end of the anomaly. It was a red flash but it seemed like an act of a semblance. He got up and walked where to anomaly occurs, as he was walking he noticed some splashes of red on the ground. He inspected it, seeing that its blood he followed it until it came to an abrupt end, ending where the anomaly was. He inhale in and out in frustration as he looks at his surroundings looking for any signs of disturbance.

His moment of observation was cut from the ring of his scroll

"Hello?" Guts said as he answered the call.

"Guts, you need to get home now. Some important looking lady wants to see you." Yang answered.

"I'll be there in fifteen." Guts said, but his neck started to sting as he heard growling. He looked over to see some uras surrounding him; he sighed and figured that it was his frustration that drew them in and his curse.