VOL0 CH22

SCHNEE MANOR

Within the atlas kingdom a young woman with white hair, was practicing her swordsmanship in a courtyard, the reason she is training is she made an arrangement with her father. If she passes the test she can enroll into Beacon academy. If she doesn't pass she will stay in atlas and take the family business, why she plans to do so she will not follow her fathers wa, who when he took over drag the family name to the ground. So she wishes to rectify that, to how her grandfather intended it to be.

She usually trains in the training room that has the latest equipment, but today was different. For Remnant will bare witness its first eclipse since centuries. Sadly she will not be accompanied by her family, her mother is a drunkard and is passed out somewhere, her father wouldn't even bother, she's not bothering with her little brother and unfortunately her old sister is busy in the military. So she will watch the eclipse but not alone.

"Miss schnee i brought you a lemon ice tea," a man said. He was the head butler of the manor. He presents the drink on a tray

The girl stopped, and turned to the faithful butler. "Thank you Klein can you set it to the gazebo" he gives a short nod, and heads to the gazebo. The girl then stows her rapier away before heading to the gazebo.

She takes a sip out of the glass, it's just how she likes it. "Delicious as ever, Klein"

"oh, I aim to please" Klein's eyes shift to yellow, a clear tell of his emotion and his multiple personality. "Anything about my sister joining this afternoon?" she asked eagerly then recomposing herself.

His eyes then shift to brown. "I sorry to say but it doesn't look like she'll come"

"... i see... of course it makes sense she has responsibilities to attend to" she reasoned, klein looks at the young mistress then his eyes switch to pink.

"Um miss schnee will it be too much of a bother if i join you in watching the eclipse?" he asked bashfully, with his arm behind him and grinding his foot to the ground. The young woman smiles while shell enjoy watching it itll be better with someone. "I wouldn't mind that klein, thank you"

His eyes return to normal content that he gets to make her happy, so he takes the tray and leaves the young mistress to her tasks. The young lady sighs she peers at the sky wondering how the eclipse will, though she believes it will mark a new beginning.

__________________________________________________________________________

NEAR A SDC REFINERY

A young woman with raven black hair was on a rock ,reading, patiently waiting for her partner, she and a few others are planning to break into a refinery to steal dust, crystal, burn or uncut. They're taking it in any form, to resupply themselves and since the eclipse is happening it will serve as a perfect distraction. She was assured that no one will be harmed in the refinery, while it's important for there cause she's not willing to take lives... not ever again.

Some rustling in the foliage alerts her, seeing only her partner emerging out. "Darling...you should be ready the eclipse grows near"

The ravenette hums as she gets up but a hand reaches out to her, her partner offers it as a 'romantic' gesture. While small she appreciates the effort, as she takes it as he helps her down. "The others will join us soon. Acquiring transport seem to prove difficult for them" he stated, muttering the latter

"Adam" she began "we'll only need to subdue them, right? No need for this to be... messy" she said

Adam clenches his jaw, before exhaling. "Only if they don't prove to be troublesome" he then moves her hair to the side seeing her amber eyes. "Besides it should not be nothing new to you" the ravenette glanced away, moving away from his touch. They both tense up, hearing the roars of engines approaching, as three transport trucks approach them.