VOL0 CH15

Guts was having trouble sleeping, he laid on the passenger seat in the rental RV staring at the ceiling. When it was time for them to retire, Tai offered the sofa bed to Guts but he opted for the passenger seat, the girls were in the bunk beds. No surprise there. And casca decided to stay with them, taking the main bed and as for qrow he's on the driver seat, guts made sure this happened. By design he offered the main bed to casca which is at the back of the RV and had qrow in the front right next to him... with his sword at hand.

The message was clear to everyone, everyone that knew, ruby was out of the loop.

He just woke up from a nightmare but luckily without any commotion disturbing those around him. the nightmare have been recurring as of late each one more vivid than the last, the dreams were mostly the same of him being chased as a child and then being tortured by a different monster, each one varied from a grotested slug monster, elongated snake man and bizarrely monstrous succubus. each one tortured and maned him to no end all the while something is watch him with a red glowing piercing eye, a wicked grin and has more malicious intent that it'll put a grimm to shame.

That thing stares at him jeering him on. " YIELD TO ME!!! YIELD EVERYTHING TO ME!!!" despite the things that were happening to him, being vividly mutilated and all. He dreaded that thing more than anything. He never gives in despite the pain he goes through, he never gives in. He'll let the monster have their way with him as he tries to focus on his surroundings. The landscape filled with mound littered with faces and seem to be in a shallow lake of blood however he looks at a mirror image of the sky, an eclipse outlined by a red light as the image is burned into his eyes as a symbol bleed through the moon.

After that he'll wake up before seeing the full mark. He steadies his breathing as he clenches his fist regaining his composure. He grips his cloak that he used as a blanket, he can hear the rhythmic breathing and snores of those around him. He looks over to his side and sees qrow snoring with his legs up on the dashboard and his arm over his eyes while his other hand grip his flask. Guts let off a light snot as he shifts his body searching for his scroll, he checks the time to see that it is thirty minutes until five. He noticed that his hand trembled slightly. He clenches his jaw as he was still affected by the nightmare. He looks over the seat behind him seeing everyone soundly asleep. He carefully gets off of the seat, grabs his armor and quietly heads outside.

Once outside he breathes in the crisp cool air and takes in his surroundings, noting that the sun has not risen. He sees that there are people already up, most likely preparing today's events. He puts on his armor and takes his sword and sets off to the forest to be out of sight. He wants to squeeze in some training, so that he could build his focus and do a bit of self reflection, however doing this leads him to do some loathing and add his curse into it he ends up attracting grimm, hence why he goes to the forest.

Usually his training consists of him using equipment or other methods but he does not have that luxury, so he does something similar to shadow boxing. He reenact fights from his vision acting as a simulation of a situation either following the same movement he did in his vision or think of alternate outcomes in the fights. Guts only does this to vent out or reflect on the ongoing of his life, this also helps his focus. With that being said there was a lot to think about.

Beside the frequent nightmares there's also the eclipse that is coming soon, from his understanding it probably the first one in recorded history, supposedly, it will be a spectacle and a 'time to be alive'. However there is a lingering thought in his head, Nosferatu Zodd. His omen is what started these nightmares, he claims his death and ruby's downfall. She has recently become overwhelmed by the obligation she was given, he chastises himself for not being there for her as it started to take a toll, thankfully Yang stepped in and helped her. He promised Yang that he'll assist her in supporting Ruby, he plans to after resolving her problem with her after the tournament, they have the whole summer to do so.