VOL0 CH19

Pyrrha awaits her turn in the tournament. The advisors were making sure that the cage was structurally sound, with the last match it sustained heavy damage, in fact they realized that all of Guts fights were brutally destructive. Pyrrha is now sitting on a bench getting herself ready for the fight, specifically getting herself ready for what she'll have to do. Watching the fight with guts and wyald, made her realize that the battle from here on out will be difficult. Not just skill wise but able to do what it takes to win, and throughout all of guts' fights she was able to see that on display. Seeing him with such resolve is scary, just to disregard himself and put himself in harm's way to get him a chance to win, she is unsure if she's able to do that. Within the week, she sees Guts in high regard as a fighter and a warrior in every sense, she sees that he prides himself in battle.

However, watching the last fight made her realize the extent that guts will go, she thinks back on what Yang told her on how guts risked his life to save them, now she wonders if she could do so. She internally sighed as she stood up and paced around, she took out her sword and started twirling it on her fingers. For fights like these she'll never do anything rash to endanger herself or her opponent to win that's how it has been, if she had to save someone she's willing to put her life on the line, but guts gives it his all; in any fight. He put his own limits to the test and saw it as a way to strife himself further.

In any case, she has to prepare for what this fight will offer, especially in the semifinals, and if she sees this through she'll face Guts.

"Miss Nikos, are you ready?" one of the advisors cut her out of her thoughts. She gives a determined nod as he walks her to the entrance and tells her they'll soon start. She takes a breath and clear her thoughts as the arena doors open as she walks in. The crowd cheers for her as she gazes at the stand and finds the xiao long's and the others waving at her, she flashes a smile before focusing back on the matter at hand.

Tai and the others cheer on, as qrow makes his way to his seat holding three beers. He sat down in between casca and tai as he gave one to each of them. "I took it, it went well?" casca asked, as qrow and tai took a sip. "~Ah. You could say that"

"So how's he, in his well being that is?" Tai asked, he figured that guts would open up more to qrow. While physically he's recovering, he's unsure how he is mentally.

"He's fine, just a bit tired and he'll be more tired when he use up his aura" he explained

"'Ok, sure but during that fight it seemed as though he... wasn't all there.'' Tai said, he noticed that guts seemed to be getting carried away in his fights.

"... hey judeau"

The young blonde snaps his head toward Qrow. "yes?"

"Tell me which hand did that sonofabitch touch Ruby with?" he asked as judeau face crossed with confusion before answering "uh, it was his left hand sir"

Qrow thanked him before turning back to Tai "Guts loft off the bastard left arm in the fight. While it looked like he was aimless. He had his mind set on a goal."

While qrow gave his best explanation, Tai couldn't help but think there was more than that.

In the arena the second door opens revealing the next opponent. He was an older man and wore a garrison armor with a blue tunic and cape, and he had long blonde flowing hair. His weapon was a bronze sword. He seems to be a prideful individual, one who holds himself in high regard.