VOL0 CH8

Within the wood Qrow can be seen bobbing and weaving through the trees trying to get to the old cabin. He thought that he had to only save his nieces but did not take into account that their friend would have followed them as well, but now he was just told that Guts stayed behind to face a horde of grimm alone to allow Yang and ruby to escape.

One thing that is gnawing at him is that when he found his nieces there was no grimm close behind them, he knows that what they did was hard to do, leave guts behind, so they had to convey negative emotions to draw grimms out but from the looks of thing it seem that guts is facing all the grimm. The boy has been on his radar, and from what he could tell is that Guts had no ill will, however he was a total mystery. But his appearance aligned with the sudden disappearance of a mercenary group, that could be coincidence but with the set of skills that the boy demonstrates and the iffy story he got from the police it seems less and less of a coincidence.

As he continues his way and he sees the silhouette of the cabin up ahead, he shoots ahead and lands on the ground running, he pulls out his weapon Harbinger, the sword extends to its full length and then shifts it to its scythe mode. As arrives close to the cabin he notices something, immediately he looks around and sees that there are no grimms in sight, upon further exception he sees the final remains of grimm dissipating and destruction in the surrounding area. He focused on his hearing trying to sense something but no it was eerily quiet.

He looks around some and sees more destruction further ahead. He follows the path of carnage with harbinger at hand, he assumes that Guts was over run and decide to move the fight elsewhere, as he continues, he came across a drop and looking at the landscape ahead he was stunted by the amount of grimm corpse that litter across the opening, their bodies in the process of disepating, he sees that the makeup of the horde were beowolfs. He drops to the opening and inspect a body he sees that was killed with a blade, a cut that almost cut the grimm in half, he looks up to glance at the other bodies and sees that all of them have a stab wound and sliced open. Qrow's head snapped to attention as he heard a noise behind him, he changed his weapon to his shotgun mode and aimed it to the general area where the noise was coming from.

The sound of something large continued as the air was filled with branches snapping, Qrow gritted his teeth for what felt like hours only for him to relax. Near the edge a car pulls forward as it stops near the drop, exiting the vielchel tai was about to call out to qrow until he sees the aftermath of a fight.

"Holy... Qrow did you do this?" Ask a bewilders tai, Qrow let out a rough sigh and proceed to change his weapon back to scythe and take out his flask before answering " No I just got here" taking a swig, tai looks around at the bodies and see that they are in the process of dispersing, a horrifying thought popped in his head as he piece everything together. " d-did Guts do this?" pointing at the bodies, Qrow just nodded and motions the area emphasizing it was all his doing. The back doors of the car open and the girls step out hearing the commotion stand behind their father. They looked at the area and were petrified by the amount of grimm laying dead. Ruby had a sense of dread within her seeing all this death, however couldn't help but be in awe that guts most likely did this, as for Yang she took in the sense seeing that the destruction here was in part her doing for having forced Guts to come along.

In the brief period Yang was brought out of her stupor when the thought of gut came to mind. "Uncle Qrow is there any sign of Guts" Qrow looked up to his blond niece, stowing away the flask. "No but from the looks of thing the fight was dragged elsewhere" Qrow can see Yang and Ruby faces twist in worry for their "listen what this can tell us is the Guts gave them hell, so i doubt that he would die without making them work for its" He said trying to convey some sense of hope, however his nonchalant bluntness didn't gave the reassures, earning a light glare from tai.