VOL0 CH21

SHLING-CLASH!!!

Their weapons clashed, releasing a thunderous shockwave, the force was so great that it pushed back the crowd. With it rippling  the air. At the epicenter both finalists lock eyes, their blood boiling in the heat of battle. As it signals the start of the final match of the tournament.

Both fighters were sent back, pushed by their respected attack. Pyrrha held up her guard and charged at guts, while swinging across but she ducked the swing and slash across his arm and with her shield delivered a blow to the stomach. Guts without wasting any movement directed his sword towards the redhead, she went low and rolled out of the way thinking that the large sword will be stopped by the grounds... until she realized just who she's facing as the sword carved into the ground and swung up, nearly missing her. Narrowing his eyes, guts drew out his crossbow and friends near her creating some distance.

He found it odd that his strikes would miss everytime he gets near pyrrha and oddly feels some restraint in his swing. His years of training with the sword not only made him proficient but he understood it . So it confused him on why his movement felt retrained, unless this was pyrrha's doing

He ceased fire and rushed toward her as he spun into a swing at her causing to use her shield to block as she thrust her spear at his head forcing him to dodge as nearly grazed him. She then decides to deliver a kick to his side. Guts quickly took it to his advantage as he grappled her leg and spun her around before throwing her. With her shield out it took the brunt of the land before she flipped to a stance as both fighters stared each other down.

The crowd was in an uproar as they watched the fight, "geeze their at each other's neck" yang exclaimed seeing neither guts and pyrrha are giving each other an inch to work with. Qrow let off a dry chuckle. "He. Why would they? With their little declaration they're going to give it their all."

"Still, guts is at a disadvantage, Pyrrha has seen all of his fights. So she got a good understanding of his fighting style." casca comments, there was also her semblance which guts doesn't know.

"Not only that but their weapons compliment their skills. Guts' greatsword delivers devastating blows and controls space around them" tai adds in. "but it is too big and not good against single, faster opponents and a common problem for greatswords is their endurance control and longevity."

"That's almost the same problem with my crescent rose" ruby said as she watched the fight intently. "True but guts has alway fought with sword bigger than him ever since we met him... so he know how to work around all of that" yang said

"Yeah the kid's rigorous train gives him an edge" qrow stated taking a swig out of his flask.

"Pyrrha on the other hand can counter guts with her short sword. Not as big or strong as guts' but makes up for speed and it's a convertible weapon with the spear which make up with distance so that short sword close quarters won't hinder her"

"But improper control of a spear can give her a disadvantage" tai counters, it was clear that the fights were against opposites, in terms of size, weapons, and fight methods. However bit all comes down to there prowess, experience and the determination

At the arena gut rushes at pyrrha swipes at her and there it goes, it is subtle but he feels his weapon diverting. He halted and looked at pyrrha, her eyes slightly widened as if she was caught. Fueling guts suspicion, as he pivots a swing from the opposite side. She raised her shield but was put in a poor footing and the sudden action she was not ready to receive the blow as it threw her off.

Whatever she did throw off his strike, he needed a different approach as he imbued his sword with aura on the edge more than he regularly does, he swipes horizontally releasing an aura arc. Reacting to the arc she backflips dodging it as she lands and she was surprised by an uppercut sending her flying. She lands hard but recovers he rushes at guts changing his weapon to a spear and thrust at his head but doges, however pyrrha converts to her sword and slash at guts making him stagger