38. Wolf's gaze

Erika's POV:

It was supposed to be a relaxing Sunday, heading up to the woods, to breath in the fresh air...

Except it wasn't the normal, relaxing Sunday I wished for.

I was so anxious of meeting everyone, I actually woke up hours before Brandon to get prepared.

Mentally, that is.

I was thrilled to meet his family, but my brain just wouldn't quiet down enough for me to think.

Of course, that only meant one thing: baking.

Since it was my first time meeting them, it was only appropriate I brought something of my own. God knew, my Italian mom taught me well. It was tradition to bring baked goods to the host. And that would ensure, my ancestors wouldn't be turning in their graves out of the disrespect of lacking in that area.

I wasn't sure what to bake. Brandon's pantry only had the basics, so my choices were limited. Besides, it wasn't like I could bake roasted almond and espresso cannoli from scratch, or hazelnut panna cotta with chocolate ganache, on such short notice.

So, ciambella it was.

Brandon and Mia liked it, so I just hoped the rest of their family would too.

I had my outfit for the day ready; a lavender flowy dress with tiny, pale flowers, a jean jacket and snickers. Now the only thing that remained on my to-do-list, was a short shower and to get ready, before we headed to his grandfather's cabin.

If I had a choice between arriving first and meeting them as they arrived, or meeting them all together at once, then I'd prefer the first option.

That was my plan. Solid.

Unfortunately, my Guardian thought differently.

We didn't have much time, barely enough to fool around, but Brandon had other plans for us before we headed up North.

"Brandon... we just got out of the shower," I tried to say between interlocked lips.

"I know." I could hear his smug look, as he kissed down my throat. "All the more reason why I can't stop myself."

"Brandon..."

Soft moans left my lips as he caressed down my naked skin. His lips claimed the few water droplets on my shoulders as he weaved our bodies from the bathroom to his bed.

I was devoured by him, overtaken by his smooth movements.

He was sin. An insatiable devil with cunning ways.