41. From Blue To Red

See? I can keep promises... Sometimes!

Hope you enjoy!

Yours, Dear J

Erika's POV:

I took on more than I could handle, I knew that, but ever since I met his family, this constant feeling had been nagging me.

A feeling to protect.

But protect who? Brandon? Myself?

"Seriously, calm down." Markus' words seemed so far away from me at this point; I couldn't even take them seriously.

"Are you saying that to Erika, or yourself?" Stella asked, pulling his other hand away from constantly pulling on his tie and settling it atop her light blue velvet-clad thigh, as she sat on the bar stool next to him, inside the Venue.

We were one of the same; Markus couldn't fool anyone, either. He was worried. Not just for the athlete he admired, but for me as well.

"The boys will handle this like they always do," said Riley, Malcolm's girlfriend. "Right?"

She turned to look at him, hiding the worry in her voice behind a warm smile. Instead of answering, Malcolm kissed her cheek, pulling her towards him, as he enveloved her body in his arms.

"You know it, love," he said, settling his chin on top of her head.

Unlike the first time we arrived to such an event, this time Malcolm was waiting for us right by the door, with Riley by his side. Their matching dark attire a stark contrast to the marble white walls, indicating to the lavish interior of the Venue.

Conversation was easy, as Markus and Malcolm connected through their mutual love of superheroes. Their newfound bromance was short-lived, though, when they started antagonizing one another when an important argument arose; Marvel versus DC.

While the boys talked, we connected with Riley. It was easy to like her, as she told us about her and Malcolm's relationship; it seemed like Brandon wasn't the only one who tried to push the person he had feelings for away. But their love prevailed either way, once she managed to tear those walls down.

The night seemed promising, as her bubbly personality made me almost forget about the rumor I heard. And as we entered the grand Venue, the interior took my breath away.

The marble façade made justice to the lavish golden interior. Grand stairs caused the people to part before they met again in the middle, while marble white columns held the foyer elegantly.