62. Beautiful, Precious, Angel

!!! TW !!! This chapter contains NSFW content, aka lovemaking, aka poetic SMUT.

Okay, thank you, byeeeeee!!!!!

___

Erika's POV:

"Erika!" His loud voice and the banging on the door pulled me back from the rabbit hole I pushed myself into, and I took a few seconds to realize a few things:

One: I was spiraling.

Two: I was probably having a panic attack.

Three: I was hyperventilating. But even so, I knew I was stronger than this.

"Yes?" My voice broke; he heard.

"Angel, open the fucking door!"

A shiver ran down my spine, his authoritative tone breaking the mist in my mind. With numb fingers, I unlocked the door to the bathroom, my heartbeat ringing in my ears as I tried to calm myself.

Trying to conceal the tears still escaping my eyes, I swiftly turned away from him, tidying my toiletries by the sink. I knew what was good for me, but facing him right now was a different challenge, especially while I was trying to control my erratic thoughts.

"Angel, what's wrong?"

The door closed shut, his steps slow as he came closer. I could feel his warmth behind me with every cautious step, but I didn't turn around; I kept staring at my revolting mirage, praying that he wouldn't mind.

I braved a look in the mirror, meeting his eyes. He was inspecting me, looking for something to decipher how I was feeling. He was always doing this. Even when he thought I didn't notice, I always felt the weight of those enchanting eyes on my back.

He glanced at my reflection, and I took a deep breath as he lowered his gaze to the hand that was still clutching the t-shirt's fabric above my scar. A heavy sigh fell from his lips before his eyes found my own once more.

"Oh, baby," his voice was low, and it was the tenderness in his tone that broke the dam, causing my eyes to fill with tears.

I felt his hands on my waist as he turned me around, hugging me close to his body. His lips were on my forehead, and I melted in his embrace, releasing the weight off my shoulders with every deep breath.

"I'm so sorry," he breathed into my hair. I pulled away, glancing at him, my eyes open wide.

"Wh-Why? I should be the one saying-"

"Don't finish that sentence, Angel. I've done this to you. And when you needed me the most, I wasn't there... I'm so sorry. I thought I was protecting you."

He was pained, still feeling responsible. I pulled him closer, savoring the sensation of his warmth spreading to my body.

"Brandon, it wasn't only your decision to make. I had to go back home... not only for Stella and Markus but for me as well. I knew this could get dangerous, but knowing and seeing are different... I needed time... to come to terms with it."