58. It's fine. I'm fine.

I was on a roll, and this was born.

After I saw your support and love, I couldn't leave you hanging like that.

Hope you like this!

~ Yours, J

Erika's POV:

Erika's POV:

Ten days.

It took me ten whole days to finally be released from the hospital.

I never thought I would be in a position to say this, but I was so glad I finally left the building. It was truly eye-opening, being on the receiving end of medical care, and although I trusted everyone taking care of me, I was more than ready to go home.

"The recent stabbing of a fan during an MMA event still remains unsolved as the police are still in pursuit of the assailant. However, the City of Chicago can rest assured, said the Chief of police, that the perpetrators will be brought to justice. We are..."

"Ricci? Did you even listen to a word I said?"

Savi walked in front of the TV in the room, shutting it down completely.

At this point, the news broadcasters were only repeating themselves, and every day that passed, less exposure was brought on the subject. By now I was numb to the lies they were spewing, and that same feeling followed me around since the last time the officers visited me at the hospital.

The moment I was stable, they barged in, asking questions. Brandon fought them tooth and nail to stay back, but as soon as I was deemed healthy enough to speak to the police, they wasted no time in walking into the peace of the hospital and ask the same questions; time and time again. Nonetheless, their attempts were fruitless, since they had lost the subject the second it happened.

"Sorry. You were saying?" I was thankful for her action; I didn't want to hear about it anymore.

I just wanted to forget it ever happened.

"You have an appointment in two weeks for your vaccination, Ricci. Don't forget that."

"Yes, Savi, I know what the procedure is."

A spleen removal was never good news. I knew what it meant to have it removed, and how I had to be careful, since my immune system was now weakened. In order to avoid a bad case of OPSI, I had to get four vaccines, some of them repeated yearly, since my spleen was out of question.

I knew how being in constant contact with patients could endanger my life, but at this point, there was nowhere I'd rather work except from this field. I just had to find a way to make things work and watch out for myself as well.

Easier said than done.

"And after that, you'll be taking four-weeks leave from work."

"What?" I asked, exasperation fueling my surprise. "I thought I was cleared to come back here after my vaccination was completed."