60. Just hold me

Tried my best to deliver: This!

I know it's been a while, and we've already been through enough, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't put my babies through some more pain!

Nonetheless, this is none of that... sort of... so... Enjoy!

___

Brandon's POV:

Brandon's POV:

"Good!"

The most dangerous drug in the world had brown eyes and a heartbeat.

"Because I won't let you!" spoke my addiction.

And there she was, my Angel, making my whole body jerk towards her at her finality, her determination.

My eyes traveled all over her body, seeing her standing strong on her feet, instead of the last image I had in my mind; of her still in the hospital right before she was discharged. She looked strong, stable, but the urge to run beside her, to hold her upright in case she needed me, was a constant itch under my skin.

My throat was dry, just like the tear stains on her cheeks. I felt sadness overtaking me, wrecking through me like a punch to the gut.

I remembered her brother's words in the hospital, during the hours she was in surgery; the longest, most crippling hours of my whole existence.

'...I can't pretend to know what you've been through. But she deserves more. She deserves things she believes she can have with you... Don't try to stay away from her. She will fight her way back to you!'

And fight she did, since she was here in the middle of the night, instead of the safety of her house.

From my peripheral, I could hear pops' heavy sigh, before he stepped towards her first. He squeezed her shoulder, wishing her well, but the words never registered in my mind. Instead, I was transfixed like a coward, examining the soft smile he earned from her, before he took his leave, defeated; a smile that never reached her eyes.

It was another punch to the gut that almost killed me, and fighting against my deepest instincts, I pulled my gaze away from her warm, dark eyes.

Tentative steps took me back towards the punching bag in the corner of the room; her own steps right behind me as I unwrapped my hand wrappings.

"Here to punch some sense into me?" I sighed with a heavy chuckle.

"Yes."

She wasn't laughing, but her voice...

Damn, her voice paralyzed me.

It wasn't my intention to stay away this time. I was giving her some space, keeping her safe from afar, while I tried to find the man that did this to her. But here she was, making every muscle in my body stiffen.