14. You have the right to remain- OUCH

Brandon's POV:

"So, who was the cutie at the front desk?"

I knew Liam would bombard me with questions the minute we were out of the building. I pushed his face away from me when he started getting too close for my own comfort.

Erika didn't come in my room after our last encounter. In fact, it was her friend, Dr. Stella Caloi that came with the discharge papers I had to sign. Stella's façade was serious; she revealed no emotions while explaining one last time my physiotherapy routine for the next couple of weeks and how to change the dressing around my wounds.

I sighed, nodding in understanding since Erika had already done so very thoroughly. Seeing I was on board with my doctor's wishes, she nodded once. A soft, sad smile appeared on her face for only seconds before she returned to her serious self.

"There you go..." my friend said, after I got in his car. "So... Was the young doctor at the front desk single, or not?" A smirk appeared on his face as he decided to taunt me. 

"Why? You need a reason to go back there? Because I can sure as hell arrange that for you."

Was I irritated after the morning call I had? Yes. Tired that I hadn't slept? Yes. In no mood for Liam's bullshit? Definitely.

"Calm your horses, King. I was just asking for a friend." He chuckled like the happy-go-lucky kind of guy that he was.

"Hey, who's taking my motorcycle? I left it at-" I was on high alert for a moment, before he interrupted my train of thought.

"Relax! We spotted the monster the minute we parked... Malcolm is driving it back to your house. We're going to pick him up from your place and then go to the office. There are many things we need to discuss, man."

I nodded in understanding. I had to let them know about the phone call with Inkles and everything that transpired these past few days, but I was in no mood for that conversation right now.

"I want both you and Malcolm to be present when we talk about it."

"Alright, that's fine with me..." he paused for a while, turning around to look at me before he concentrated on the road again. "Hey, what's up with you? You look... different."

"I was in the hospital, Liam, for the past three days. Of course I would be tired and shit."

"No no, this is not your 'tired-try-me-and-I'll-hurt-you' face. Trust me I would know." He looked at me again, chuckling. "Seriously, spit it out. You know I have my ways!"

I shook my head since I was in no mood to talk about this, before he abruptly stopped the car in the middle of the fucking road. It was a green light and the people behind us started honking their horns, annoying me beyond belief.

"You idiot, what the-? What are you doing?"

"Start talking, or else we're staying here." He sure knew how to get on my dark side and stump on my buttons.

I pulled my gun out of its holster and pressed it to his temple. I wasn't in a good mood.

"Wow, wow... Dude, relax! What's gotten into you? And since when do you carry that thing around?"

He continued driving immediately; chicken head.

"Since I've been ambushed twice in the span of a week."

"What do you mean twice?" He paused, facing my way momentarily. "Someone came to the hospital?!"

I hummed in response, irate about the situation I was in.