Chapter 1 - Raagavi's Entry

Amma, please I'm not ready. Please"
"Who said you are not ready, you have studied well, you have a job already"
"Amma, I don't even have my first degree certificate also Amma, I still an intern"
" It's not like you won't get your degree certificate, it will come along in 8 months anyways."
"What about my post graduation?"
"Who is stopping you from studying?"
"Amma, I don't have time. Please give me at least 2 years."
"2 years, impossible. You are already turning 24 this year. "
" I got you, a family that will allow you to continue your studying for all the time you want, but you are arguing about not marrying this guy. Do you want everyone in the society to talk about having a girl that is old enough to get married, but refuses to marry, they will say that you are in some relationship with some guy "?
"Amma, I don't care what the society thinks, I care about what you think and what is important for my career!"
"Even if you argue with me it is completely futile. You are marrying this guy, it is for sure "
"The boy's family will come to meet you tomorrow"
"Amma, not tomorrow. I have to assist at a surgery"
"Stop with your excuses. I know you are on your pediatrics rotation"
"Amma, what if they don't let me study after marriage? I have struggled a lot for getting where I am already. You know how much I have sacrificed for MBBS. I don't want all that to go down the drain"
"Enough, Raagavi. Which generation are you in? You will itself agree to the marriage after seeing the boy and his family "
"Amma, I am telling you now itself, I have no interest in this boy and his family. You are basically pushing me to come to meet. If you are so certain about me meeting them and liking them, let's see."
Tears welled up, as my tired body entered my room after an exhausting day in the hospital.

Hi, I am Raagavi Bakthavachalam. I am an CRRI (final year in MBBS) in Stanley Medical College. I come from Upper middle class family, which means we have the most drama. Here is the biggest drama of my life, my marriage. I never had time to think about love and marriage all my life. It's not that I do not believe in love, I do. I dream of perfect romance. Unfortunately, here I am falling in the pit of arranged marriage .

******************************************
Note from author :
Hello Readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.
Keep reading.

Happy Reading.

Do vote and comment.

Follow me on Instagram @reshubalakrishnan

Love,
R❤