Chapter- 15 - Welcome home

Rudransh's POV

"You were expecting it to be from Anni, weren't you?" Karthik teased.

I kept my face straight as I replied, "Yes."

He started laughing like a mad man. "Have you noticed the time? She would have fallen asleep by now."

Before I could reply to Karthik, my phone pinged again. 'Good night.' From Raagavi this time. I showed the phone to Karthik and that shut him up real quick. Inwardly, I smiled happily. We both fell asleep soon after that, not even realising we did.

Raagavi's POV

After doing my night routine and prepping my stuff for the hospital tomorrow, I finally sat down on the bed. Few moments later, my phone lit up with a message. It was from the number my mom had given me weeks ago, the one I never thought I'd use much. My fingers twitched and I accidentally opened the message, which read, "Good night, wifey❤️" That wasn't a very good moment to have a hand twitch, I was immediately filled with regret. I cannot leave it seenzoned, that would be quite rude and would surely make things awkward the next morning. I could've given the excuse that I fell asleep if not for accidentally opening the text. So after a thought, I replied with "Good night."

I settled down next to Shivika who was already fast asleep after the tiring day. And finally, I succumbed to the clutches of slumber.

Next day
5:00 am

I woke up early in the morning to the alarm on my phone. I quickly showered and made coffee for everyone. Shivika joined me within a few minutes. Sarasvati Amma joined us and thanked me for making coffee after taking a cup for herself. I offered my help to cook the breakfast. We made idli and sambar.

6:45 am

Since, we were in the outskirts of Chennai, I had to leave early to reach the hospital on time. I quickly changed myself into hospital scrubs and left the house along with Shivika. Right as we were about to leave, Rudransh and Karthik came out of their room. Rudransh greeted me with a good morning and I just smiled back. After informing Sarasvati Amma and Kabilan Appa, I left the house.

I walked into the hospital, rushing into the OPD (out paitent department). I was a bit late because of the long drive. I had the busiest ward rotations starting from today, in general medicine.

It was a tiring day, after treating all the patients, being scolded by my attending doctor (this quite normal, medical students do get scolded every single day) but by 6 PM, I left the hospital and went to my parents' home.

I changed myself into a yellow saree after freshening up. I had to pack all my things and leave to Rundransh's apartment. After an hour of packing and 'family advice' from my Amma, I was "ready" to leave, though I'll never be to leave the house I grew up in, to leave my loving family.

 After an hour of packing and 'family advice' from my Amma, I was "ready" to leave, though I'll never be to leave the house I grew up in, to leave my loving family