Chapter 8 - Bachelorette Party

Raagavi's POV

After the betrothal ceremony and lot of dancing and partying, tiredness got ahold of me and I was asleep even before my head hit the pillow. The following days got even more hectic with all the work in the hospital and the wedding shopping and rituals. It seemed that the closer we got to the day of my wedding, the more things I had to juggle with my busy schedule. Shivika, Vaidehi, Vrunda and Vaamika were equally tired because of the errands they ran for the wedding. We finally decided that we had enough of the chaos and planned a getaway for the weekend to relax a bit.

The early weekend found us taking a road trip. I drove the car, Shivika and Vaamika were hanging half out through the sunroof, enjoying the speed wind which whipped their hair and made it look like a haystack, for the lack of a better word. Vrunda took her role of being the navigator seriously, and was frowning in concentration at the phone. I really hope she doesn't mess up this time, the last time she was the navigator, she read the Google Map upside down (how one even does that, I don't know) and we ended up about five kilometers in the opposite direction of our destination. The light snores coming from the backseat was an indication of Vaidehi sleeping like a log.

After an hour of driving without any misdirection, thankfully, we reached our destination. The beach resort that we had been planning to stay at for months. This weekend getaway also served as my Bachelorette party of sorts, as we were only five days away from the day of my wedding.

As the beach came into my view, I finally relaxed my tense muscles. If there was anything that could calm me down instantaneously in this world, it was the sound of the waves breaking on the beach and my friends. I had both of them together, which meant that this weekend was going to be an absolute success.

As the car rolled to a stop, Vaidehi woke up from her beauty sleep. We scrambled out of the car, wanting to stretch our muscles. Shivika had already run off towards the beach, as excited as a kid who visited the beach for the very first time. Laughing at her antics, Vrunda, Vaamika and I unloaded our bags from the car.

Shivika suddenly ran to our side, looking as quiet as a mouse. I wondered what caused her silence and looked around to find Rudransh standing near the back door in swimming shorts. His chest was exposed, flaunting his abs and biceps. Karthik was standing there in similar shorts but he had bothered to wear a tank. They were goofing around, and it looked like they hadn't noticed our presence yet, and I'd prefer if it remained that way.

Not bothering to look any longer, I helped others to quickly unload the car and entered our villa. We had booked ourselves a villa with four rooms (one master + 3 guest rooms) for the five of us to share. It had a huge living room and mini kitchen.

After unpacking, we decided to go take a dip in the sea, since we were all vitamin sea deficient. Without any further ado, we went to the beach. The view I had there was quite breathtaking. But within a few seconds it was overpowered by Rudransh getting out of the water dripping wet, pushing his hair behind. The water ran down his chest, sculpted abs and his legs. Karthik closely followed, also dripping wet.

This is how rudransh's body looked like

This is how rudransh's body looked like. You can imagine whatever way you wish to.

The five of us walked towards the water and tentatively dipped our feet to test the temperature of the water, which was cold.

"Raagavi? Fancy seeing you here." I turned around to see Rudransh with a bright smile on his face. Karthik and Rudransh's other friends that I had only briefly met came over to where we were, getting the party started.

There goes my peaceful weekend with my friends, I thought.

Rudransh's POV

I was having a great time at the beach. My friends had kidnapped me to this resort for a Bachelor party. It was more for them to have fun and get drunk than for me. The beach was well isolated and we were the only ones there, until a group of ladies came. I immediately recognised Raagavi and her friends. Coincidentally, it seemed that they chose the same resort as we did for their Bachelorette party. She looked pretty in that white floral dress.

Raagavi's dress

Raagavi's dress

I was quite relieved as I now had a chance to escape whatever my friends had planned to embarass me with by using Raagavi's presence as an excuse. It would look pretty bad if I had ahem provocative dancers ahem when Raagavi was right here, wouldn't it?

******************************************
Note from author:

Hello readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.

Keep reading.

Do vote, comment and share.

Beta Reader 5tar5torm

Follow me on Instagram @reshubalakrishnan

Love,
R❤️