Chapter 3 - Who is this guy?

6:30am

After enduring 2 hours of scoldings that my mom blessed our ears with, Shivika and Vaidehi were close to wishing I'd drop dead if they stared long enough. Sorry, I mouthed. They gave an exasperated smile that said "anything for you."

"Go, get ready." Amma, screamed.
I got up and started walking slowly towards the room. Shivika followed me.
Vaidehi was trying her best to convince mom. I knew all her efforts were down the drain.

As soon as Shivika and I entered my room, Shivika started shooting arrows of questions, "Who is this guy? What is he doing? What is his name? Why is mom so certain you will like him?" Her eyes shone with absolute curiosity, looking as cute as a cat exploring its new surroundings. I blinked blankly at Shivika. That's when I realized how disinterested I have been about this guy! I hadn't even bothered to learn his name.

Vaidehi came in. "I tried all convincing mom the best I could but she doesn't seem to budge. She is certain that you will like him, and you will marry him."
Anger fumed inside me. "The only thing I would ever feel for this guy is 'hatred'. I doubt that is ever gonna change"
Vaidehi and Shivika wrapped me in a group hug. I sighed and bid them goodbye. I knew that they had to leave. If they stayed any longer, they will be late for their rotations at the hospital.

With no interest in seeing the guy my mom had chosen, I draped the saree my mom handed me. I had planned to make myself look as unattractive as possible, but mom took special interest in getting me ready for something that I'd never be ready for.

I finally got to see myself in the mirror. A peach saree with a magenta border with golden embellishments was draped around me. I had beautiful jhumkas hanging from my ears. My hair flowed down freely up to my waist. My make-up was kept simple, with a pink tinted lipstick applied on my lips. My hands were decorated with bangles and pretty rings.

 Raagavi

Raagavi

In the midst of all the fuss around the house, we finally left the house towards the restaurant. My dad was driving the car, mom sat next to me in the back seat. I kept quiet. I dared not to speak a word, else my anger would betray me, and cause a damaging outburst.

My mom started with some mighty strong purana of the guy. I was starting to get tired of referring to him as 'the guy' in my mind, and so I reluctantly asked my mom to tell me about him.

Amma introduced the guy, "His name is Rudransh. He is 26 years old. He studied MBA in IIM Bangalore after finishing his Computer science engineering in IIT Mumbai. Furthermore, he is running his own company in Chennai called the RK group of industries. He won the best startup of the year."

"Who asked him to come to Chennai?" I mumbled to myself.

"He is the son of dad's friend." My mother continued.

"Who is this friend that appeared out of the blue?" I mumbled to myself again.

We reached the destination. I was determined to make him not like me and I was going to do everything in my power to ensure that.

Let the drama begin.

******************************************
Note from author:

Hello Readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.

Happy Reading.

Do vote and comment.

Beta Reader 5tar5torm

Follow me on instagram @reshubalakrishnan

Love,
R❤️