Chapter 20 - Sorry 🥺

Raagavi's POV

On the way home I saw a flower shop, and decided to stop by. I entered the quaint little greenhouse, filled with the fragrance of all the flowers that bloomed there. I walked around, stopping to smell a flower sometimes, when the florist approached me.

"Looking for something in particular, dear?" It was a kind looking woman with salt-and-pepper hair, maybe in her mid-forties, with a beautiful flower arrangement in her hands. When she saw me looking, she said "Oh, this is for one of my customers, they're sending it to a long-lost friend in an attempt to rekindle the friendship. I suggested they give yellow roses, as they symbolise friendship. Flowers have their own language, you know?"

"That's interesting. What would you give to represent that you're sorry for something that happened because of you with heavy consequences and also show that you are coming in peace with an offer of friendship?"

"A bouquet of white tulips to symbolise forgiveness, white orchids to symbolise sincerity, lily of the valley to say 'this is the start of a new chapter in the relationship and leave the past behind', and finally yellow roses to symbolise your offer of friendship."
She flitted about picking out the flowers as she named them, arranging them in an aesthetic crystal vase. She handed them to me with a smile and said, "I hope you have a wonderful new beginning, dear." She added a card with the meanings on them.

Wow. Who knew that flowers have a deeper meaning hidden under their beauty? I thought. "Thank you very much, I learnt a lot. I'll be sure to visit you again sometime, Ms...."

"Call me Aunty Gloria. You're welcome here anytime, dear. Come over for a cup of tea someday and we'll talk about how your apology went. I hope he accepts your friendship." She smiled sweetly.

I paid her half the amount (cause Aunty Gloria insisted on giving it on the house, but begrudgingly agreed to give 50% off instead after I dusted off my bargaining skills), carefully loaded the vase into the car and drove home. Rudransh wasn't home yet when I arrived, so I took the opportunity to grab a piece of paper and wrote "I am sorry. Please accept my offer of friendship. I will try to communicate better" and folded it in half. I placed the note and vase on the table by his bed and left the room.

I was in my room listening to some light music when I heard a knock on my door. Rudransh stood there, still in his office clothes. He stared at me for a few seconds, when I realised I was in my shorts and shifted my legs nervously. He cleared his throat and snapped his eyes up to meet mine. "Would you like to join me for a movie?" he asked. "Sure. Go freshen up while I set us up." I said.

He left to his room. After making some popcorn for us, I sat down on the living room sofa and waited for him. He came and sat down beside me, now dressed in a light tee and shorts.

"I saw the flowers you left for me. The card was helpful with the names and meaning behind the flowers on it. They're nice, thank you. And I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have screamed at you, I was out of line. Now, what are we going to watch?"

I liked the way Rudransh did not hold on to how I behaved with him and did not accept his apology in the morning. "Anything is fine,'' I said.

"Shall I pick a classic, rom-com or thriller?"

"Which language?"

"Which language do you watch?'' he asked.

"Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam, English, and sometimes Kannada." I said. "I also watch Chinese, Japanese and Korean sometimes."

He chuckled. "Which makes it even harder to decide on what to watch" He said with a shake of his head. I laughed.

"What about DDLJ?" He asked.