Chapter 21 - Salty

Raagavi's POV

Mm, it's too bright, someone switch that light off... Since no one did, I grudgingly opened one eye, then both, to find myself on my bed, covered in sheets, sunlight streaming through the window that usually had curtains drawn. I took my time to feel awake enough before getting out of the bed, and sluggishly dressed myself in jogging clothes and tied my running shoes, hoping that a quick jog would perk me up. I opened my door to go out but instead bumped into something, which turned out to be someone instead. It was the only other person that could possibly be at the house this early, none other than Rudransh. He was rubbing his nose though, hmm, wonder what that's about.

"Good morning, Raagavi. I see you decided to fix my nose today, since it's not upto your beauty standards."

Oops. "Good morning, Rudransh. Didn't see you there."

"Right. Let's head out to the park." He held the main door open for me to exit the house, then locked it behind him and steered me towards the elevator since I was unusually and noticeably still groggy.

I was finally awake after 15 minutes of light jogging. Awake enough to realise that I fell asleep on the sofa watching the movie, so Rudransh must've carried me to my bed. Slightly awkward, I can't bring that up since he hasn't. Maybe he's cool with it.

Rudransh's phone dinged then, breaking me out of my reverie. He read the text and turned to me saying, "Looks like 2 of my friends can only make it a bit later. Shall we reschedule the brunch and make it lunch instead?"

"Sure. Lemme just inform my friends." We stopped for a break as I texted my friends, letting them know about the change in timings. They were quick to reply that they were okay with the time. Since I was thirsty, I reached for my bottle, only to remember that I didn't bring one. Rudransh noticed, and handed the bottle he was drinking from to me. "Here, I didn't sip. Sorry I didn't fill up a bottle for you."

I just smiled gratefully and chugged the water. When I finished, I saw Rudransh staring at me. When I raised an eyebrow, he just shook his head and said, "C'mon, let's head back, it's been nearly an hour."

I saw a grocery store on the way back and stopped Rudransh. "Hey, I need to get some ingredients for lunch and brownies. Do you mind?" He shook his head and jogged ahead to hold the door open for me. Wow, chivalry isn't dead after all. After getting all the ingredients we went back home. Rudransh tried to insist on carrying all of the groceries, but I stood my ground and carried home more than half of it, saying "I'm stronger than you think, thanks for the concern."

Raagavi

Raagavi