Chapter 16 - Be my.....

Rudransh's POV

Even before I could say anything, Raagavi burst into sobs. "I didn't even want to get married, I don't want to be here, in this situation" she said between her sobs.

My breaths came out in pants, my ears roared. "Raagavi, why? Why did you not say anything sooner? The first time we met, the betrothal, even right before-" I choked on my own words.

Still sobbing she said "I tried, trust me, I tried, but I couldn't. Amma never let me get a word in over this"

I scoffed, hurt by her actions. But it hurt me more to see her looking so helpless and broken. I stood up and went to the kitchen to gather my thoughts. What is done is done, there's no going back. I finally calmed down enough to not break anything in my vicinity. I could still hear her sobbing.

"Raagavi, stop crying" I said as calmly as I could. I brought her a glass of water from the kitchen. She slowly drank the water. After a few minutes of silence, she spoke after her sobs calmed.

"R-Rudransh?"

"What?"

"I am sorry. I cannot fulfill all my duties as a wife." she said, not looking up from the floor. I immediately knew what she was talking about.

"Raagavi, I'm not a cheap creep. I would never get physical with you until you and I have emotionally connected, until you and I both consent. I wanted a life partner, not a bed partner. I respect women too much to behave like that." Raagavi met my eyes, looking relieved.

"Look, let's take a step back. Start this relationship from the ground and build it up. Raagavi, be my friend. That's all I ask from you for now."
Though Raagavi initially hesitated, she said "I will try." She gave a feeble smile.

"Go sleep, you have to get to the hospital early tomorrow" I said. I saw her hesitating to enter the master bedroom. "You can take that room, I will bunk in the guest room" I added.

"No. I'll take the guest room. Most of my stuff are already there, and I'll probably have more room in the twin bed than you will." she said.

Without letting me protest, she moved towards the single cot bed placed in the guest room. I sighed and entered the master bedroom. My room was filled with fragrance of roses and lit dull by the electric candles. A heart was made with red rose petals in the centre of bed.
I didn't have the heart to sleep on the bed with such decoration after what I heard. I instead chose to lie down in the recliner sofa placed in the corner of the room.

"You will fall in love with me soon enough, Raagavi. Just like I fell for you." I said to myself.

" I said to myself

Master bedroom

Raagavi's POV

Without any distractions to occupy my mind, I became overwhelmed and broke down crying. Words that I kept locked up came pouring out of my mouth. I said all the words I wanted to say without thinking. I expected anger from Rudransh, but his reply was unexpected. He simply asked, "Why did you not say anything sooner?" I explained. He scoffed, irritated.

I expected words of anger but Rudransh consoled me. Then I put forth the biggest fear I had since this evening. He was furious about what I thought about him. I was shocked and surprised when he respected my consent and my feelings in this marriage.

Rudransh then asked me to be his friend. I wasn't sure if I could ever see him as my friend. I didn't want to give him false hope. I replied "I will try."
When we finally had to go sleep, I hesitated. I wasn't sure where to sleep. Will he sleep in the same room as me? A lot of questions were running in mind. As if he could read my mind, he offered to take the guest room. I refused to take the master bedroom and chose the guest room instead, because it didn't feel right to kick him out of his own room.

I settled in the twin bed the guest room had and let my exhaustion take over, to sleep without any more anxious thoughts.

Guest bedroom

********************************************
Note from author:

Hello readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.

Keep reading.

Do vote, comment and share.

Beta Reader 5tar5torm

Love,
R❤️

Love,R❤️