Chapter 2 - Escape plan

"Raagavi, let's escape early in the morning to the hospital, so I won't have to go meet this stupid guy. Perfect plan Raagavi, you are the best." I said and gave a pat to myself mentally. "Let me call Shivika and tell my plan. She will bring Vaidehi and Vaamika along as well. I can escape easily. Vrunda will help me hide at the hospital." (If you guys are wondering, who is Shivika, Vaidehi, Vaamika and Vrunda. They are my best friends. We are the Kasukabe defense force). "Hey Shivika, come to my house at 4 early in the morning. Bring Vaamika and Vaidehi along. I need to escape from my house. I will hide at the hospital."
"Hey Eruma, (buffalo) why do you need to run from your house? Why do you need to go the hospital, when it's your day off? What are you blabbering? Looks like you need to be admitted to the psychiatric ward!! " Said Shivika.
"Amma is trying to get me married off. I have to meet this guy and his parents tomorrow."
" Hayee. I will get Kalyana sapadu (marriage feast) and cake. Jolly'
"Eruma maadu (Buffalo), nayee (dog), my life is at stake and yet you want food and cake. If you hide me tomorrow I will get you your favorite Choco
Truffle cake. Please Shivika."
"Seri, Seri. I will help you. " As if she was given the mission of NASA, Shivika dramatically said "It is a mission of the Kasukabe defense force, let's successfully complete it. Mission-Protecting Shinchan (Raagavi is the Shinchan of the group). Should I be there at 4'o clock??"
"Yes. Don't ring the bell. Amma is coming here near my room. Bye. Good night, Shivika"
"Good night, Raagavi"
I see the messages on our group 'Kasukabe defense force' in WhatsApp popping up on my phone.
So the plan was for Shivika and Vaidehi to come pick me up and Vaamika and Vrunda will have to find a way to hide me at the hospital.

Next Day
3: 55am

I am trying to sneak out of my house. If I cross the doorstep today I might just be able to escape from this marriage, but not from the wrath of my mother. Still, I am risking my life but the freedom is worth it.
I crept towards the door. The living room is completely engulfed in darkness. I was three steps away from the door. I felt relieved at the thought of getting away and felt a sense of pride at successfully completing the mission. Freedom, here I come.
Two steps away from the door. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I know that the mission was doomed. I slowly turn around to look at the figure. It's my worst nightmare (at the moment). I have been caught by my mom. Now, I can neither escape this marriage nor the wrath of my mother.
Shivika and Vaidehi came inside the house. We were all caught with our hands in the cookie jar.
'Enna pangu' was their reaction.
'Mattikita pangu' was my reaction.
( A reference from the movie RajiniMurgan )

********************************************
Note from author:
Hello readers,
How do you like this chapter? Let me know what you feel. Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in this chapter.

Keep Reading.

Happy Reading.

Do vote, share and comment.

Beta reader 5tar5torm

Follow me on Instagram @reshubalakrishnan

Love,
R❤