Chapter 9 - A Suprise Visit

It was around 8 at night when we finally came back from the beach. I locked the door of the villa behind me as we all came in. Shivika, Vaidehi, Vrunda and Vaamika had already settled down in the living room to watch a movie. Shivika patted the empty seat next to her as I came in, eagerly inviting me to take it. I plopped down and left out a long breath.

"So, what's the plan for tomorrow? The surprise we already planned for Raagavi or spending the day with Rudransh and his friends?" asked Vrunda.

"I don't think we should change our plans just cause they're here too. We came here for Raagavi's Bachelorette party, not to socialise with them." said Vaamika.

Everyone else agreed except me of course, cause I had no idea what they had planned for tomorrow. Nothing else was said for the rest of movie, as we were all engrossed in watching Sandra Bullock save herself from getting deported by faking an engagement with Ryan Reynolds.

Vrunda set us off in a fit of giggles with her "Ar-Ay-Em-O-En-Ee, Ramone impression as the movie rolled the credits. It took us a solid 15 minutes to get our giggle fest settled after which we moved to the bedrooms to sleep. Shivika and I shared the master bedroom, Vrunda, Vaamika, and Vaidehi retreated to their own rooms. Everyone fell asleep after a chorus of "goodnight sweet dreams" and someone's "goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite" ended.

The next day
6:00am

I woke up to the alarm blaring from the other side of the room and Shivika snoring right through the chaos. I quickly shut it off before it woke her up, and went to check on the others just to see everyone still down for the count. It seemed I was the first to wake up. I changed and went on a light jog and got back 20 minutes later. I woke Vaamika up first and told her to get the others up and went to the kitchen attached to the suite.

I was prepping for making breakfast for everyone when I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door to find Rudransh standing at the door, looking dewy with sweat. Looks like he went on jog as well. I silently stepped aside and let him come inside. He settled on the living room sofa.

"Need some water?"

"Sure, if its no trouble"

I handed him a water bottle from the fridge and watched as he downed half of it in less than two big gulps. He recapped the bottle and handed it back to me with a small smile. I finally asked what I've been thinking since he came in.

"Rudransh, is there a reason why you are here this early?"

"I just wanted to make sure everyone was safe, I didn't know whether you got back safely or not" said Rudransh concerned.

"You should've just texted. Or called." I said, as I walked to the kitchen. Rudransh followed closely, mumbling something that vaguely sounded like he was calling himself an idiot for not thinking of that. Rudransh watched me as I continued making the batter for my famous chocolate chip pancakes.

"Wanna stay for breakfast?" I asked, as I wiped my brow.

"If it's no trouble for you," he answered, smiling widely.

"I'm making pancakes."

"Sounds delightful."

I heard a small squeak and looked up from the pancakes on the stove. Vaamika, who hadn't been expecting anyone else to be there, had jumped in surprise to see Rudransh occupying one of the chairs at the dining table. Hearing the commotion, Vaidehi and Vrunda followed her into the kitchen, and stopped in their tracks as they were just as shocked to see him here this early. Rudransh just smiled and greeted them.

"Where's Shivika?" Asked Rudransh, looking around.

"She's getting ready, I'll go get her for breakfast," said Vaamika and exited the kitchen in a hurry.

Rudransh set up the table, refused when anyone else offered to do so. We all dug into our chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. I was about to take a bite when I heard a moan that sounded quite inappropriate. I looked up to find Rudransh looking embarrassed, ears tipped with red.

"Um, sorry about that. But the pancakes are sooooo goooooooooood," he said, blushing under our scrutiny. Vrunda started snickering and I kicked her under the table to shut her up, when we heard a knock on the door. I got up to see who it was, but Rudransh placed his hands on mine and said "You keep eating, I'll get the door."

Rudransh left the kitchen and came back with Karthik tagging along. "Heard anni's pancakes are delicious, mind sparing me a few?" asked Karthik, eying Shivika's plate hungrily.

"Not at all, I'll make you some now," I said. I was stopped by Rudransh, "Finish yours first," he pointed towards my half full plate. "Karthik can wait," he added, giving him a look. Karthik nodded in agreement. After I finished my plate, I went to make pancakes for Karthik as the others stayed, helping clean up the table and entertain the boys. Karthik eagerly inhaled the pancakes I made him, stopping only to praise me for my skills.

Once he was done, Rudransh bid farewell and said, "I don't wish to disturb your Bachelorette trip anymore. If you need me, you know where to find me." Karthik left right after him, with a wave.

The surprise that the girls had planned for me turned out to be a party, and they had arranged for my childhood friends and high-school friends to be there to have a chance to catch up with me as well. We left the resort that evening with me driving them back as usual.

The next three days disappeared in a blink of an eye, and there came the day of my wedding.

******************************************
Note from author:

Hello readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.

Keep reading.

Do vote, comment and share.

Beta Reader 5tar5torm

Follow me on Instagram @reshubalakrishnan

Love,
R❤️

Next chapter shall soon be released

Next chapter shall soon be released....!