Chapter 23- Out of Water!

Raagavi's POV

The next morning, I woke up early to do some light revision on the case I was presenting that day. I was well preoccupied with my books when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in." I called. Rudransh walked in. "I wondered if you were up for a run," asked Rudransh. "Sure." I said and got up and took out my running shoes.

We locked the door behind us and left for a run. The lift was out of order, so we took the stairs instead. As we walked down the stairs, I tripped over my shoelaces that had come loose and lost balance. Fortunately, I was at the end of the flight of stairs, only a couple steps leading to the ground, and I was relieved that I wouldn't get any major injuries if I fell. I shut my eyes tight, bracing myself for the painful fall, but felt nothing. I tentatively opened my eyes and found myself in the arms of Rudransh, who was smiling down at me. I locked my eyes onto his and we stayed like that for who knows how long. As he stared deep into my eyes, his dark brown orbs were shining and captivating.

Once I realised this, I quickly composed myself and released myself from his arms. I was about to bend down to tie my shoelaces, but Rudransh stopped me and bent down on his knees and tied them tightly, also re-tieng the other laces tightly. "I wouldn't let my queen's crown fall down. You are good to go now," he said with a smile. I returned the smile. We returned home after the run.

I quickly showered and left for the hospital. I was tired and sweaty by the end of the day. Since Shivika had to assist 2 back to back surgeries today, I only saw her at the end of the work day. She was really tired as well. I suggested I drop her home. Without any arguments, she got in the car and I locked the door and confronted her. "Why did you add extra salt to the plate?" I asked her.

"I actually meant that plate for Rudransh as an revenge for screaming at you, but his friend got the plate instead and took the fall." She smiled guilty.

"Seriously, you and your childish pranks" I said, shaking my head in dismissal. I drove her home after having a nice chat. After dropping her, I reached home and found the house empty. I quickly ran into my bathroom, as I wanted a quick shower to wash off the sweat of the day. When I opened the shower, there was no water. I quickly wrapped myself in a towel, and noticed a note on the table in my room saying the  shower was not working and that I will have to use the master bedroom from Savitri.

Since no one was there at the house, I walked towards the master bedroom in a towel holding all my clothes in my hand. I opened the room as Rudransh came out of the bathroom in a towel wrapped around his waist. Both of us were shocked. I slammed the door shut and quickly ran towards my room. I wanted to dig a six feet deep pit and bury myself in it. After a few minutes Rudransh knocked on my door. I answered from inside and asked what he needed.

His muffled voice answered, "Um, I am leaving for a while, I will be back, uh, in an hour." "Hmm" I said. After I heard the front door close. I went to shower in the master bedroom. I dressed myself and left the bedroom.

After one and half hours, the doorbell rang. I opened the door for Rudransh. I felt really awkward after the towel scene. I said nothing and went back to my room. After an hour or so passed, there was a knock on my door. I sighed and went out of my room. "I am sorry." We both said at the same time. "You go first," Rudransh offered.

"I am so sorry for barging into your room like I thought no one was home and the shower was not working." I quickly apologized. " And I am sorry for not announcing my presence once I reach home." Rudransh apologized. "Let's just forget this happened," I said. We ate dinner in an awkward silence and retired to our own rooms for the night.

I lied down on my bed and closed my eyes. The image of Rudransh in a towel with his wet hair and his abs and sculpted body was all that came in my mind. I felt embarrassed. I tried putting my mind off by studying, listening to music, and trying to sleep but my mind was stuck with the same scene of me running into Rudransh in a towel. I tossed and turned on my bed and finally fell into restless sleep filled with dreams of shirtless Rudransh.

Rudransh pov

I wanted Raagavi to join me for the run.  When I asked if she wanted to go, she immediately agreed. As we went down the stairs, Raagavi tripped and almost fell as she stepped on her shoelace. I caught her by reflex and held on to her. She kept her eyes closed for a few seconds before she realised she didn't fall. As I stared into her eyes, all I thought was how she was so cute. She quickly averted her gaze and composed herself.

She was about to tie her shoelace but I quickly bent down and tied them myself, double checking so that they wouldn't come undone and cause her to fall. I wouldn't let my queen's crown fall down. We ran around for a while.

When we returned home, she quickly left for the hospital. I had to leave for an important meeting so I left to meet my client. After I met with my client, I went to the office. I searched everywhere for Karthik. Now where did this goof go? He is supposed to be in his cubicle. Once I found him in the cafeteria, I literally dragged him by his ear into my cabin.

"What were you thinking?" I asked.

"What?" He screamed.

"I was so embarrassed yesterday, she started laughing at my reaction after seeing the condoms." He started giggling.

"You will pay back for this, wait and watch what I do" I fumed in anger.

I didn't have much work so I left earlier than usual. As soon as I entered the house I went straight into the shower. I had received a call from Savitri in the morning telling me that the shower in the guest room is not working due to a clog and the water supply isn't great in that room. I asked her to inform Raagavi about it. Since I thought that Raagavi won't be home anytime soon, I didn't take any clothes with me to the shower, just the towel.

As I came out from the bathroom, I heard someone open the door of the bedroom. I was shocked to see Raagavi, in just a towel that revealed her creamy shoulders and long legs, standing in front of the door holding on to some clothes. She quickly ran to her room once she realised the state we were both in.
I quickly changed and left the room. I wanted her to have space so I excused myself from the house after informing her.

Also maybe because I wanted to think about what I saw without getting embarrassed about thinking like that in front of Raagavi herself.

**********************★********************
Note from author:

Hello readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.

BetaReader 5tar5torm

Keep reading.

Do vote, comment and share

Love,
R❤️