Chapter 18 - Everything is a lie

Rudransh's POV

The elevator doors to the floor my office was on opened. "I thought you wouldn't come today." Karthik greeted me and we both walked towards my private cabin that was in the middle of the floor, with one-sided glass walls so I could keep an eye on my employees to make sure no one slacked off on the job. I just raised my eyebrow at him. "What? You look pissed off." Karthik said, sounding concerned.

I internally debated on whether to tell him about everything Raagavi spilled. Though Karthik was my friend, I can't let him know about everything in my marriage, it involved Raagavi too, and some things have to be kept private. After a breif moment, I gave in and said "I don't understand Raagavi" with a sigh.

Karthik started laughing boisterously. "Normally, guys come to this conclusion after a month or two, but you are saying this after barely two days of marriage." I just walked past him and sat down in my leather chair, rubbing my eyes.
"What happened ?" He asked, finally sobering up.

"After everyone left, Raagavi broke down in tears and confessed that she never wanted to marry, and didn't want to stay in this place." I narrated. He gasped. "But early in the morning, she woke me up with bed coffee and served me breakfast. Then when I asked if she needed a ride to the hospital, she refused. All I'm getting from her is mixed signals, I don't know whether to press the accelerator or stomp the brake. " I continued.

Karthik mulled over what i said in silence for sometime. "You know what? Just ask her yourself. It's better than being confused, she will be able to give all the answers to your questions." He suggested.

"Ok. Now get to work, you buffoon, I better get your project report by the end of today." After Karthik left my cabin, I thought over what he said and it surprisingly made sense. I decided to suprise Raagavi, pick her up from the hospital, and go out somewhere and discuss about what she meant by her warm and cold actions.

I was occupied for the rest of the day. I left my office sooner than I usually would so that I could pick Raagavi on time. I reached the hospital at 6:00pm. I leaned against the car, watching the entrance of the hospital for any sign of Raagavi. After a few minutes, she walked out, accompanied by someone.

It was a man with broad shoulders and a good looking face, I assumed he was her colleague. She was smiling at something he was saying. Her smile was geniune and carefree, unlike the one she had when she was with me. I knew then that smile she had when she was with me was forced and faked. This absolutely broke me. I didn't want to misunderstand her relationship with this man, even though they seemed close. I couldn't help but feel jealous. Yesterday's events so did not help the situation. I wanted to storm over to her, but my legs didn't seem to move.

He and Raagavi climbed a car, that probably belonged to the man and drove off. Not wanting to stay there any longer, I drove off to my apartment right away. I entered the house and sat down frustrated on the sofa.

I waited for Raagavi to come home so I could confront her about this. As it got later and later, when there was no sign of Raagavi coming home, my mind started running crazy with questions. What was her relationship with this man? If he is her friend, why was he not at the wedding? They looked too cozy together. What if he is the reason Raagavi isn't interested in our marriage?

I called Lakshman to know if she had gone to her parents house, and he said she wasn't there. I waited in the dark, heard the door bell after an hour. I did not get up to answer the door. I heard the locks turn right before the lights flooded the room. Raagavi gave a startled squeak when she saw me.

"How did you get back?" I asked while she entered the house.

"My car" she blankly answered, this angered me because I saw her climb that man's car with my own two eyes.