Chapter - 24 Share the.....

Raagavi's POV

I didn't get enough sleep last night after the towel incident with Rudransh. Thoughts that were inappropriate and intrusive kept me awake all night, though I tried all I could to shut my mind down and get some sleep. Looking in the mirror, I rubbed the bags under my eyes, which were looking more like a messenger bag than the usual coin purse. I drowsily walked to the door. A knock broke through the fog of tiredness. I opened the door to find Rudransh in his jogging wear drenched in sweat with a smile plastered on his face. What a nice view to wake up to. Once I processed that thought, I scolded my mind for its thoughts.

"It's 7:30. I guess you are running late." I jerked my head to the clock to confirm. I rushed to grab my clothes. Rudransh quickly called me out and informed me, "The shower is still under repair. Use the one in the master bedroom instead." I nodded and quickly packed myself for work. I left in a hurry, all the while praying to the powers above that the resident doctor doesn't catch me running embarrassingly late.

Rudransh stopped me near the door, "Eat something before you leave, here," handing me a plate of sandwiches and a mug of coffee. "You made this?" I was shocked. "I am capable of much more than you know of, babygirl." He grinned. I quickly swallowed my breakfast as I started the car's engine , hamster-ckeeking the last bite as I pulled out of the parking lot.

I arrived right on time and started attending to my patients. Around 10 AM, I received a call from Rudransh. "Hello," I answered.

"Raagavi, amma
and appa are coming home to spend a few days with us, " Rudransh rushed.

"Great, it will be nice having them with us." I said excitedly.

"But I don't want amma and appa to know we don't live in the same room." He said softly. I stayed quiet as a gesture for him to continue. "Could you please move to my room for the time they stay with us? "

"Okay. When are they coming home?"

"Tonight around 8:00. I will come home early and help you shift all your clothes to my room."

"Okay, bye." I hung up the phone.

I left for home around 6:00. I found Rudransh already home, clearing up space for my clothes in his closet. "Good evening," he said, noticing my presence. We started moving all my things from my room to Rudransh's. By 7:30 PM, we were done with all the moving.

Saraswathi amma and Kabilan appa reached home around 8:30. Dinner was quite an affair as Amma brought the Spanish inquisition to the table, grilling me on how Rudransh treats me, whether he takes care of me and how happy I am. I thought, I don't know if I am happy, but Rudransh does treat me well. I answered amma with a smile, "Rudransh is taking the best care of me, he makes sure I am well all the time. I am more than happy." After chatting with amma and appa for a long time, we left to sleep with yawns on our faces.
Amma and Appa occupied the guest room. Rudransh and I used the master bedroom.

I entered the room, and just then, realisation hit me. I have to share the room with Rudransh alone for the entire night. Rudransh picked up a pillow and bedsheets and placed it on the recliner. I felt pity for him as I could imagine how uncomfortable it'll be for him to fold his giant body into the recliner that looked like it was made for people more like my size.

"You can take the bed. I will sleep here," he said.

"It's too small for you. I can sleep in the recliner if you want." I said. He shook his head in disapproval. We went silent, mulling over other possible ideas of sleeping arrangements. Suddenly, I surprised myself by saying, "We can share the bed, it is too big for just one of us."

Rudransh was shocked. "Are you sure? You don't have to." He asked. I nodded.

He moved towards the bed, but I stopped him.

"Uh huh, before we do that, I have some ground rules."

"Rules? What for?"

"Well, this is awkward enough for me as it is, so for my peace of mind, if you will. Now, don't interrupt me and let me come up with the rules."

"You haven't even made them?" Disbelief coloured his tone.

"Shush. Now first things first. I've seen you sleep in here before and you tend to sleep half naked, so, rule numero uno: you wear clothes to bed."

"I was planning to, humph. What kind of guy did you think I am? And since when do you speak Spanish?"

"Shut up, I know a few words. Rule number two, I take the right side of the bed."

"But that's the side I usually sleep in!"

"Tough luck buddy, you're gonna have to give it up or end up back on the recliner and wake up tomorrow with a kink in your neck. Now, rule three, I am not sharing the covers with you. I don't want to wake up cold because you hog the covers in your sleep."

"You don't even know if I hog covers!"

"Rule four, the room stays pitch black. No night lights. No phone screens on in the middle of the night. Rule five, I'm gonna put up a wall of pillows in the middle of the bed, and you're not allowed to cross it, even in your sleep. Did I miss anything? ...no, that's all for now. So, are we clear?"

"Crystal." He said, with a sulk.

We both climbed the huge bed, each of us in two ends turning our backs on each other.

********************************************
Note from author:

Hello readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.

Keep reading.

BetaReader 5tar5torm

Do vote, comment and share.

Love,
R❤️

Love,R❤️