Chapter 7 - Engagement

I have been unable to update properly this week. Myself and my beta reader were caught up for personal reasons. Extremely sorry for not updating!!! 🙇‍♀

Morning light beamed through the window and surrounded the 4 angels lying next to me in a halo. Vrunda, Vaidehi, Vaamika and Shivika were all huddled together under the blankets. Waking up in the midst of the cuddle group, I felt at peace.

Vrunda tried waking Shivika up but all efforts went down the drain, Shivika just wouldn't budge. Vaidehi and Vaamika were already drowning in errands for the betrothal ceremony, and it has hardly been half an hour since we woke up.

I heard an indignant shriek and turned towards the source of the sound to find Shivika sopping wet and Vrunda on the ground rolling with laughter. I burst into giggles too. Vrunda apparently decided that the best course of action to wake Shivika up was to pour a jug of water on her face. Having had enough of being the laughing stock, Shivika pounced on Vrunda and started tickling her. It took the combined efforts of Vaamika, Vaidehi and myself to diffuse the situation and rescue Vrunda, who we all knew to be extremely squeamish.

Somehow, the whole ordeal turned I to a water fight, and 15 minutes, all of us were drenched like puppies in the rain.
It brought a genuine smile on my face which had disappeared for the past one week.

And that's how Amma found us that morning. After a lecture from Amma, who had a twinkle in her eye after watching us act like immature adolescents, we went separate ways to get ready for the day.

I didn't want to let the fact that today was the day of my betrothal ceremony bring me down from my high. If I wanted to get through today without any scandal, then I would need my high spirits. The families planned for a romantic evening ceremony on the beach. At the very least, I'll be in a beautiful place, with my angels by my side.

6:45 pm

Raagavi's POV

The sunset cast on the beach blissful shades of orange and yellow. I drowned in the breathtaking beauty of the sea.
A white podium decorated with roses of white, pink and red was centrally placed. A red carpet was rolled out towards it, the aisle had beautiful fairy lights running down the sides and red rose petals strewn all over it.

Rudransh stood there in the centre of the podium waiting for me to walk down the aisle. His flawless face shone brightly in the twilight as if his smile had stolen all the brightness from the sun.

A well-tailored tuxedo wrapped his sculpted body. He wore a bow tie and a red rose matching the gown I had worn was pinned to his lapel, adding the final touches he needed.

For the first time, I felt flustered by the person standing at the end of the aisle.
As I walked down the aisle, I could feel everyone's gaze on me. The smile on Rudransh's face stayed there the whole time.

The ceremony began. Soon, it was time for the rings were to be exchanged.
Rudransh took my hand in his. Slowly, he went down on one knee and placed the ring in my finger. He left a lingering kiss on the back of my hand before he rose up. I felt a spark run through my spine as his lips met my skin. I placed the ring in his fingers and gave the best smile I could muster up. He returned the smile with a wink.

A slow song was played to which Rudransh and I danced. He swayed me in his arms like he had owned me. I allowed myself to be dazzled by his charm. After all, it wasn't every day when one gets betrothed.

Raagavi's dress

Raagavi's dress

Rudransh's dress

Rudransh's dress

Rudransh's POV

I was stood at the centre of the podium, lost in my thoughts, when Karthik who was stood next to me, nudged me and whispered, "Here she comes. You are one lucky bastard." I tuned him out as I looked up to see Raagavi at the far end of the aisle, her father leading her down towards me.My eyes refused to even blink when I saw Raagavi walk down that aisle.

The red gown she had worn looked quite regal, she looked like a young queen ready to rule her kingdom. She was indeed the queen who owned my heart. Her hair was flowing freely till her waist. Her makeup was minimalistic and natural and her eyes shined brightly in the glow of the sunset. Her plumpy lips tinted in red, making her complexion look fairer without washing her out. Her collar bones were exposed, enchantingly increasing the beauty of her neck. I couldn't stop myself from smiling like an a mad man as she walked down the aisle.

When I got the cue to exchange rings, I smirked to myself as I got down on one knee and placed ring on her finger. I couldn't control the urge to kiss the back of her hand. She placed a ring on my finger and gave me a pretty smile.

A slow song played as I held her by her waist and danced with her. With each sway I fell deeper and harder for her.

*****************************************
Note from author:

This chapter is an dedication to Poorni7

Hello readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.

Keep reading.

Do vote, comment and share.

Beta Reader 5tar5torm

Follow me on Instagram @reshubalakrishnan

Love,
R❤️