Chapter 4 - Rudransh Entry

I stepped out of the car, feeling gloomy in contrast to the sunny day. The restaurant was located on the beach by ECR road. Beautifully decorated with vintage aesthetics and modern architecture, the restaurant was perfect for a date. The chandelier hung absolutely at the right spot, filling the room with a golden glow as beautiful as light scattering from the sun.

As we entered the restaurant, Amma took hold of my elbow and dragged me towards an occupied table soon as she recognised dad's friend and his wife. "Raagavi meet uncle Kabilan and Aunt Sarasvati." Amma introduced me to them. I smiled and greeted them. Sarasvati aunty immediately held on to me, and started making pleasant small talk.

"Dei Baktha, why didn't you tell your daughter was this beautiful ?" Kabilan uncle sipped his coffee. "She looks exactly like her mother when she was younger."

"Kabila, leave that, where is your son?", Appa looked around.

"Hey Rudra, come here, Bakthavachalam uncle and his family is here," Kabilan uncle called out to the man on the phone standing near the cashier.

I turned in my seat to take a peak at him. Well-polished shoes, neatly ironed grey pants, black shirt perfectly tucked in with no creases, a chunky Rolex rested on the wrist. A well built body, not too lean, not too muscular. Cuffs of the shirt rolled back up to the arm, exposing the veins on the forearm and completely complimenting his biceps. Perfectly sculpted face with his unintentionally messy hair falling lightly over his forehead. A handsome man walked towards the table where we were all seated.

 A handsome man walked towards the table where we were all seated

Rudransh

He politely greeted my parents and gave a smile towards me. I kept a poker face, and my mother stepped on my foot causing me to grimace and fake a smile.

"Rudra, take Raagavi for a tour around our restaurant," said Kabilan uncle.

What? This luxurious restaurant was Kabilan uncle's? I thought to myself, shocked.

"Come with me, Raagavi, I will show you around. There is a beautiful beach behind" said the handsome face which had a beautiful voice. I gave him a small smile and followed behind.

The walk was quite short. The breeze of the beach gently caressed my cheek, calming me down. The beach looked absolutely beautiful.

I felt like I was being watched and looked around to find a pair of eyes looking at me enjoying the view of beach, amused.

He mumbled something. When he saw that I noticed, he asked "Like what you see?"

"Mmhmm", I said, my eyes once again taking in the beautiful view.

"I come around to relax a lot."
I nodded.

"Raagavi?" He asked. Internally, I was hoping that he was about to say that he had a girlfriend that he's in love with and will not marry me.

I said "Yes?"

"You look beautiful" he said smiling. I felt my hopes fall.

"I heard you are a doctor?" he turned to look at the waves.

"Medical student, final year, intern" I corrected him. I was completely distracted with the view of the beach that brought all the peace I needed. I kept quiet. A few minutes later, Rudransh called me.

"Raagavi? Raagavi?"

I zoned back in. "Yes?"

"You know my name, right?" He questioned looking puzzled.

"I do, Rudransh" I said. He chuckled

"Thank God, I thought you didn't know! It would've been awkward. You have been keeping quiet all the while."

"Honestly, I am distracted by this beautiful view of the beach" I said. He mumbled something to himself. Dad and Kabilan uncle came to take us back inside.

"When can we have the wedding?" Amma asked. I was astonished by the speed things were going. I was going to let Rudransh know that I didn't want to get married now, but the beach had distracted me.

"We could have it in the muhurtham within this month" Kabilan uncle and Sarasvati aunty said.

So this is it, this is how I am getting married. Any hope I had of escaping this marriage shattered. While I wallowed in the sadness of not having freedom to do with my life as I pleased, Rudransh was occupied in his phone and our families started planning our wedding.

********************************************
Note from author:

Hello readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.

Keep reading.

Do vote, comment and share.
Beta Reader 5tar5torm

Follow me on Instagram @reshubalakrishnan

Love,
R❤️