Chapter 17 - Next Morning

Raagavi's pov

5:00am
I woke up to my alarm, not feeling well rested at all. I decided to stretch my body with a small yoga session in my room and took a bath after that. I washed my hair and let it free to day by air. I draped a light blue saree around me and got ready for the day.

Raagavi

Raagavi

6:00am

Since I was not alert at all, I brewed a cup of coffee for me. Only when I was almost done with my cup , I remembered Rudransh. I picked up another mug and made him. I tried knocking the door of the master bedroom.  When there was no answer, I tried the door knob and found it opened easily. I tentatively entered the room. The room had been decorated for the night before, with multiple electric candles around the room. Red roses were all around. The bed had the shape of an heart made with the help of rose petals on it. That is, the bed was undisturbed. Rudransh was not on the bed, but I could hear someone snoring. I looked around the room to find Rudransh sleeping on the recliner sofa. He looked peaceful in his sleep.

I went near him and tried waking him up by calling his name multiple times.  When that proved futile, I went closer to him place my hand on his shoulder and shook him violently. He groaned lowly, his eyes fluttered open. He saw me and shot up straight. I silently handed over the coffee mug and left the room.

He followed me to the kitchen without uttering a word. Looks like he is not much of a talker without a cup of coffee in him. I started making sandwiches for breakfast. While I went to place the used dishes in the sink, he was suddenly stood behind me, and reached around me to place his mug in the sink. Just as sudden as he appeared, he was gone. I could hear him moving around the house, and he left for a run (assuming by his gym clothes and running shoes) and came back 15 minutes later and went to freshen up.

Rudransh, now dressed in his office clothes, joined me for breakfast.
While I placed the plate in front of him, he thanked me with a weird expression on his face. After breakfast I changed into my hospital scrubs and was preparing to leave the house. Rudransh came out of his room with his laptop bag and was about to leave, but paused with his hand on the doorknob. He suddenly asked "Shall I drop you at the hospital? It's on my way to the office. You don't have your car here anyways"

 You don't have your car here anyways"

Rudransh

"No thanks, Shivika is here to pick me up," I said short and left out the door. Rudransh suddenly called my name and jogged up to hand the house keys to me. "You forgot them. Have a nice day at the hospital, bye." he said and left.

Shivika picked me up, shooting me a questioning look to ask what happened the night before, but I just shook my head.

Rudransh's POV

I was woken up by someone shaking me violently. Mom, give me 5 more minutes, I thought. I groaned and opened my eyes and rised a little by supporting my hand on the sofa. I saw a fair, sexy hip at my eye level, beads of water on it dripping from the wet hair. I looked up slowly to see Raagavi's face and immediately sat upright. She was draped in a light blue saree. Her face was bare, yet angelic. She handed the coffee mug over to me and left the room.

I followed her to the kitchen and watched her make breakfast as I drank my coffee, then went to place the mug in the kitchen sink just as she went near it too. I placed the mug there and moved away as quickly as I could, not wanting to make her uncomfortable by my close presence. After yesterday, I did not know where we stood.

I left for a short run. I came back to bath 15 minutes later and dressed myself in a  light blue button down and dark blue pressed pants. I went to the dining room to find Raagavi making a plate of something. I sat down at the table and Raagavi placed a plate of sanchwiches infront of me. I took the plate and thanked her, all the while thinking confused about why she was taking care of me, making my food.

Just as I was about to leave, I saw Raagavi, now changed into scrubs also getting ready to leave. Wondering how she was going to the hospital, I asked her if she needed a ride as I knew she didn't have her car here. "Shall I drop you at the hospital? It's on my way to the office. You don't have your car here anyways." She said Shivika would pick her up in a curt tone and left.

I locked the door and turned to hand over the spare keys to her but she was already gone. I caught upto her as she was  walking towards the exist. I called out to her, handed over the keys and left. I knew it was gonna be hectic day at my office, as there were so many projects that were put on hold for the wedding.

******************************************
Note from author:

Hello readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.

Keep reading.

Beta Reader 5tar5torm

Do vote, comment and share. 

Love,
R❤️

Love,R❤️