Chapter 19 - The Silent Treatment

Raagavi's POV

After studying almost the whole night and waking up early to study more, I finally took a break and stepped out of my study to refill my bottle of water, and accidentally stepped onto something sharp. Grimacing in pain as I hopped on one foot, I looked down to find a white rose and a note placed on the doorstep of my study. The rose had all thorns removed except for one, which must've been missed.

As I hopped into the living room after grabbing the first aid kit and sat down on the sofa to wrap the thorn price, which was lightly bleeding, the main door opened and Rudransh came in, his tank and running shorts drenched in sweat from his morning jog. As soon as he saw me, he rushed to my side and started working on the thorn prick wound without a word. He cleaned it gently, applied antiseptics and wrapped it with gauze.

I couldn't help but stare at him as he did so, only tearing my eyes away from his handsome face to read the crumpled note in my hand. It read "I'm sorry" in beautiful cursive handwriting. When he was done, he looked me in the eye and said "I'm sorry." Without acknowledging his apology or him caring for my wound, I left to my room to get ready for the day, since I could no longer go on the jog I planned to.

When I came back out, Rudransh was nowhere to be found, but I saw a woman in her mid 30s waiting in the kitchen. The moment she saw me, she greeted me. "Good morning madam, I am Savitri, I have worked as a maid for Rudransh sir for the past year, madam". She said.

"Hello Savitri, there's no need to call me madam, please, call me Raagavi." I smiled. She nodded. "You can cook whatever you usually cook for Rudransh, today." I said. "Ok" she smiled.

As Savitri began preparing breakfast, I took the time to change into my scrubs and review the case histories of a few of the patients I was assigned. Soon, Savitri called us for breakfast. I sat down at the table, and soon Rudransh joined me. We both had breakfast in complete silence. I left for the hospital without saying anything.

Rudransh's POV

I came back home from my morning jog and saw Raagavi on the sofa, her foot bleeding as she tried to open the first-aid kit. I ran to her side to snatch the kit from her, and dressed her wound myself. She must've stepped on the rose I left for her at her doorstep, along with a note. I chided myself for not removing the thorns carefully from the white rose which I cut this morning from the balcony greenhouse.

Wanting to apologise for causing her pain, because of both the thorn and the night before, I looked straight into her beautiful chocolate pools and whispered, "I'm sorry." I don't know what reply I expected from her, but I definitely didn't expect the silent treatment. She hobbled back to her room and shut the door behind her.

The nerve! Here I am, making attempts to patch things up and apologise, and I get the silent treatment?! I am willing to give her all the time she needs, but I am not completely at fault, she lied to me as well, I thought to myself.

There was a knock on the door just then, and I smiled as I opened it. "Savitri, haven't I told you to ring the doorbell? Come in."

Savitri smiled sheepishly, "Sir, I didn't want to disturb madam if madam is still sleeping."

"Savitri, call me Rudransh. Go wait in the kitchen, Raagavi will join you in a little while. I'm going to freshen up."

Just as I got dressed, Savitri called us for breakfast. I went to the kitchen to see Raagavi already in her scrubs, at the table, eating breakfast. I sat down and my breakfast was served. We had breakfast in silence. She got up and left for the hospital. Would it hurt her to say and go? I thought to myself.

Raagavi's POV

Shivika, Vaamika, Vaidehi and Vrunda were waiting for me in the parking lot of the hospital. Shivika approached the car as I parked it and got down."What happened?" Shivika asked. "Nothing," I smiled. All four narrowed their eyes in unison.

"Fine. I don't understand Rudransh at all." I gave in. They just looked at me, waiting for me to continue. "The day before, he said he would respect my feelings about the marriage, yesterday he was screaming at me for not stopping the wedding, and today he is asking sorry and wrapping my wounds after I stepped on the thorn he left on the rose in front of my doorstep. He is giving me an emotional whiplash" I said.

"Who gave him the right to scream at you? Just cause he married you, doesn't mean he can scream at you!" Shivika asked.

"Raagavi, maybe you should just talk to him about it," Vrunda pointed out.

"You should have accepted his apology," Vaidehi said.

"Anyway, we are getting late, we should go in," said Vaamika. "Yes, I don't want to get scolded by my attending." said Vaidehi as she rushed us all in.

*******************************************
Note from author:

Hello readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.

BetaReader 5tar5torm

Keep reading.

Do vote, comment and share.

Love,
R❤️

Love,R❤️