Chapter 5 - Raagavi???

Rudransh's POV

'It's quite a new experience, feels...different,' I thought to myself. She is a doctor and will be busy all the time, which is a pro cause I can be occupied with the company. 'What will she look like? What will she like to do?' Multiple questions raced in my thoughts.

My phone rang, interrupting my thoughts. I walked towards the cashier to take the business call. While I was on the phone, I heard Appa call me. Bakthavachalam uncle and his family must've arrived. Which means she is here as well.

And I was about to meet her for the first time.
Taking a deep breath, I turned and walked towards the booth we occupied, immediately taking notice of the newcomers. I saw a loving couple sat there, that must be Bakthavachalam uncle and his wife, Veena aunty.

The third seat was occupied by an angel. She had a symmetric oval face with a cute sharp nose. Plump lips with the pink tint. Pretty ear ornaments, ...jhumkas?, swayed with every movement of her head as she talked to my mother. Captivating eyes lined perfecly by kajal that looked at me, betraying no emotion as I walked towards the table. I felt like I was floating inches above the floor instead of walking.

Her eyelashes fluttered against the apple of her cheeks every time she blinked. I imagined it would feel like being caressed by a peacock feather. She was wearing a simple peach saree that highly complimented her fair complexion.

An absolute beauty that gave justification to her name. Raagavi. A perfect raagam. A perfect song.

I greeted her parents first. Failing miserably at controlling the urge to smile like a Cheshire cat, I met her eyes and shot her a shy smile. She gave no reaction until her mother nudged her, which elicited a smile which was probably worth a million dollars.

When dad asked me to take her around the restaurant, I jumped at the opportunity to have some time with her alone. She gave a smile and followed me. I showed her around and finally came to a stop facing the beach. It was my favourite place in the restaurant, where I can come to relax anytime.

I watched her look around with awe. I murmured, "I love what I see", too low for her to hear, but she did notice. I shook my head and asked, "Like what you see?", pointing to the beach. She hummed. For the first time I called her name, testing the way it sounded coming from my mouth.

"Raagavi?"

She said finally uttered a word "Yes." Her voice sounded like chimes in a gentle breeze.

I finally said what I have been wanting to say since I saw her. "You look beautiful," I said, smiling a little. I tried not to blush as I asked her about her career. She kept quiet after answering.

I wondered out loud if she even knew my name cause she never addressed me by name, and she jokingly drawled my name out.

"I do, Rudransh." I liked how my name sounded when it came from her mouth. My heart soared.

When I asked her about why she was so quiet, she said she was distracted by the beautiful view of the beach. Little did she know, I was highly distracted by her presence. I mumbled, "The beauty of the beach pales in comparison to you."

Dad and Bakthavachalam uncle came to get us back. When we went back, the both the families agreed on having the wedding in the muhurtham in the next month.

I was overjoyed with the news and wanted Karthik to know about it first, so I texted him about the good news. Karthik is my best friend, we grew up together right from childhood. I was born as a single child, but I considered Karthik to be my brother from another mother, we were that close. Karthik was curious to see what Raagavi looked like. And I couldn't wait until the day I could introduce Raagavi as my wife.

****************************************
Note from author:

Hello readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.

Keep reading.

Do vote, comment and share.

Beta reader 5tar5torm

Follow me on Instagram @reshubalakrishnan

Love,
R❤️