Chapter 22 - Gifts!?!

Raagavi's POV

"It would've been fun if they'd all stayed for dinner too," I said as we exited the elevator. "All good things must come to an end," said Rudransh with a shrug of his shoulders. I threw him a look. "Got that from the daily calendar, didn't you?" He just smiled sheepishly.

"What should we do now?" I asked, once we were inside the apartment. Rudransh pointed at the pile of gifts that were given for our wedding placed haphazardly by the shoe rack, and said "How about we open them? It's been taking up a lot of space in the living room."

We got comfortable on the floor with the gifts surrounding us and started unwrapping the gifts one by one, taking time to note down who got us what and keeping track of who needed to be sent a 'thank you' card. We were having a lot of fun theorising about why the guests thought their gifts were a good idea (seriously, no one needs that many coasters with "marriage rules" on them. And don't even get me started on marriage survival kits rolls eyes).

As I reached for one of the boxes, Rudransh' hand shot out, taking it from my reach. "Raagavi, this one is from my friends. They might try playing a prank on me. The last time I opened a gift box from them, my whole office was covered in glitter for days. Maybe I should open it in private." "Now that's not fair, they gifted it to us, not just you. Open it now." I said. I watched him hesitantly unwrap the gift wrapper and opened the box and...

...A box of condoms fell down from it.

Rudransh was extremely flustered and was trying his best to keep his cool. Meanwhile, I was biting my lip to stop myself from laughing out loud. I lost it when I saw that Rudransh had turned a lovely shade of pink. I quickly snapped a picture of him before I dissolved into a fit of giggles. "I have never seen anyone so flustered just by the box of condoms." I said between my laughs. Rudransh looked even more flustered. I took pity on him and controlled my laughter.

"How are you so calm about this?" Rudransh whined. "I am a medical student, I am not supposed to be flustered about what I should be creating awareness about. I give the sex talk to strangers almost every day," I said calmly.

After a period of awkward silence, we continued opening other gifts.When we were done putting away the gifts, I bid goodnight to Rudransh and left for my room. As I entered my room, I heard Rudransh talking angrily. I went to check what he was screaming about. I noticed him holding the pack of condoms and a pair of handcuffs with pink fur that must've been in the box as well. He was on video call with his friends, screaming at them. He threw the pack away immediately. I slowly retreated back into my room.

Seeing those handcuffs caught me off guard and flustered. My mind went racing on thoughts I didn't want to entertain. I tried to shut it down and fall asleep.

Rudransh's POV

After everyone left, we opened the gifts that were delivered to us for our wedding. Halfway through the pile, I noticed a gift pack from my friends. I felt dread creeping up on me as Raagavi reached for it, so I snatched it before she could. I pointed out to Raagavi that it was from my friends who I am sure had plans to prank me or something like the last few times. At this point it's a running tradition to gift pranks, and I suggested I open it alone as I was not sure it would be safe. But, she asked me to open it.

While she was watching me open the gift, I opened the wrapping and a box of condoms fell down. I was embarassed about what the contents of the box were. Looks like those idiots succeeded in embarrassing me. Gotta give it to them though for coming up with it. And the box is wrapped too nicely, pretty sure it wasn't Karthik who wrapped it. As I kept looking at the box flustered, Raagavi suddenly started laughing and said " I
have never seen anyone so flustered just by the box of condoms."

How is she unbothered by this? When I pointed out that she was calm and composed, she simply said "I am a medical student, I am not supposed to be flustered about what I should be creating awareness about. I give the sex talk to strangers almost every day." As she was talking, I noticed the rest of the contents of the box, a pair of handcuffs with pink fur and kinky truth or dare, with a sticky note on it that said "For the Honeymoon ;)" I tried my best at hiding it from Raagavi and successfully hid it among the waste from the gifts. We continued opening the gifts. She was soon tired and when we were done, she left after bidding me a goodnight.

Once she was out of earshot, I video called Karthik, who was with the other boys. Without even a greeting, I started screaming at them. They were confused. Karthik calmly asked, "what are you screaming about? Dude, take a chill pill."

"Chill? You wanna know what I am screaming about? I am asking you about this shit" I picked up the box of condoms, the handcuffs I successfully hid from Raagavi and showed it to them. I turned around as I was pacing and stopped in my tracks. Raagavi was standing by my room's door, and I was caught red handed, holding the box of condoms and the handcuffs in my hands. I immediately threw the box away from my hands. Without a word, she moved back into her room. I cut the call with my friends and facepalmed. I never felt so embarrassed in my life. I am going to kill my friends for this. They literally embarrassed me in front of Raagavi.

*********************★*********************
Note from author:

Hello readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.

BetaReader 5tar5torm

Keep reading.

Do vote, comment and share.

Love,
R❤️

Love,R❤️