。forty three 。

-"No

-
"No."
-

After Wade had gotten a call from Weasel saying Francis had been into Sister Margaret's and had found a picture of Wade and Alina snuggled together from years ago, he found out where Alina was and they went to the restaurant she was at.

"Ah, I can't believe I'm doing this." Wade mumbled, his hood up. "Is there a word for half afraid, half angry?"

"Yeah, 'afrangry', I guess." Weasel said. "Have you decided what you're gonna say to her?"

"Fuck me!"

"Uh, maybe not start with that."

Inside the restaurant, Alina was reluctantly on the date Natasha had set up for her. The woman was pretty, had blonde hair and hazel eyes with a small frame and short height. But she was annoyingly smart and wanted everyone to know it.

"Oh, how awful." The woman, Lana, mumbled, looking at the Tv in the restaurant.

"What?" Alina sighed, swallowing a piece of her pasta.

"The news. It's awful what that man did." Lana said and Alina looked to see the news broadcasting about an attack o the motorway a few days ago done by a man in a red suit.

"Right." Alina nodded, turning back to her carbonara and twirling the pasta around her fork.

Lana started to ramble about something linked to computers for seventeenth time that night and Alina visibly deflated in her seat, straightening her black dress. Clearing her throat, Alina stood up, "I'll get some more drinks."

"Oh, yeah, I'll have-"

"Okay." Alina cut her off quickly, strutting away to the bar, leaning on it.

"Can I get you a table?" An old man asked Wade and Weasel, the pair looking for Alina.

"Uh, no, Stan. We're just going to the bar." Weasel explained, Wade looking over the room and Stan nodded, letting them pass.

"Better find her fast before numb nuts does." Wade mumbled as they moved out of the way.

"How do you know she's in here?" Weasel questioned.

"'Cause I'm constantly stalking the fox." Wade reasoned, moving past him as Weasel locked his eyes on a woman at the bar, going to her immediately.

Wade spotted Alina who was talking to the bartender, leaning over the bar.

Every time I see her, it's like the first time... Especially from this angle.

He wanted to speak with her but as he stared and she grabbed her drinks, he chickened out and went to the bathroom. Alina turned to where he was before, eyebrows furrowing in confusion at the sudden draft that went past her. Shrugging, she took the drinks and moved back to the table.

"Ah, you weak motherfucker!" Wade said to his reflection in the bathroom mirror. "Come on! Come on, get it together! This isn't about me, this is about Alina. Here we go. Maximum effort."

While Wade was giving himself a talk of encouragement, Lana was now asking Alina questions.

"What's it like?" Lana asked as Alina sipped her beer.

"What?" The Russian shot back.

"Being an Avenger. I mean, I worked for S.H.I.E.L.D. and that's great but you're an Avenger! One of the worlds heroes." Lana smiled. "I can't even imagine what it's like to know those brilliant, enhanced people."

"Uh, yeah, it's good." Alina moved her hands under the table, twisting her engagement ring. "I enjoy it."

"You don't sound like it." Lana sighed. "Don't you feel like this is going well, though? As if we've known each other for ages."

"No." Alina replied without hesitation.

"Oh, that was rude." Lana sat back in her seat.

"You talking about nothing but yourself and the Avengers is rude." Alina mumbled, pushing hair behind her ear.

"You're still wearing that ring? If so, why are you even here with me?" Lana bitched. "No one knows who you're engaged to so everyone thinks they're dead. Or you're lying to yourself that you have a fiancé."

"I hope you bought enough for two meals." Alina smirked. "You're paying."

"Excuse me-"

"Sorry to disturb, Miss Shostakov, but someone needs to speak with you outside of the restaurant." The waiter told her. "It's something to do with a boyfriend, I think. He was speaking quickly."

"Oh, okay." Alina nodded, standing up. "Pay then I can go home from this tragedy."

Alina pulled on Wade's old coat and moved outside of the restaurant. She glanced around and saw a silhouette leaning on a large bin. She should be smart about everything, especially with her past but when it came to Wade, she was as thick as pig shit.

"Is it you? Weird, curvy edges? The picture on top?"

Francis came out of the shadows and Alina silently swore at herself for being so stupid. He smirked slightly, "You have Wade Wilson to thank for this."

She went to attack him but a needle pricked her neck and she turned, Angel standing there having injected her with a liquid to put her to sleep. Alina slumped and Angel caught her, dragging her away with Francis following.

Inside the restaurant, Wade came out of the bathroom and saw Weasel chatting up a woman at the bar so he went to Lana instead, the blonde sat on her phone. He took the phone from her, pressing it to the table, "Where's Alina?"

"Excuse me? You can't touch my pro- Oh, God." Lana grimaced when she saw Wade's face and he frowned a little. "What do you want with her?"

"We knew each other from... Tell me." Wade demanded.

"Jesus, fine. She went out the back to talk to someone." Lana sighed, grabbing her phone back.

Wade went out the back door, looking around for Alina but she wasn't there. He looked down and saw the small purse that used to be his on the floor, alone.

"Fuck. Fuck! Mother-"

{962}