。seventy four 。

-"I looked for you

-
"I looked for you."
-

Natasha, Yelena, Alina and Wade all made their way to a petrol station to get some supplies so they could bandage up their wounds. Alina still had her hand to her waist, applying pressure to the still bleeding cut.

"The Red Room's still active. Where is it?" Natasha asked.

"I have no idea. He moves location constantly. And every Widow is sedated on entry and exit for maximum security." Yelena explained.

"I'm just finding it hard to believe that he could stay off my radar." Natasha mumbled and Alina rolled her eyes.

"Well, it's not smart to attack an Avenger if you want to stay hidden." Yelena stated the obvious. "I mean, the clue is in the name. Dreykov kills you, one of the big ones comes to avenge you."

"Wait, what are the big ones?" Natasha questioned.

"Well, I doubt the god from space has to take an ibuprofen after a fight." Yelena said. "Where did you think I was all this time?"

"I thought that you got out and we're living a normal life." Natasha replied, washing her hands.

"And you just never made contact again?" Yelena asked as Wade slipped some bubbles in his pocket to steal.

"Honestly, I thought you didn't wanna see me." Natasha lied.

Yelena scoffed, "Bullshit. You just didn't want your baby sister to tag along, whilst you saved the world with the cool kids. Alina's only there because you needed to use her."

"That's not true." Natasha muttered.

"It is." Alina spoke up, looking through the shelves for some tape. "You never spoke to me until you needed me to save the world. You still didn't really want contact with me then. No, it's all about Barton with you."

"Anyway, you weren't really my sisters." Natasha told them, walking past.

"And the Avengers aren't really your family." Yelena added. "Why do you always do that thing?"

"Do what?" Natasha asked.

"Wade, stop putting bubbles in your pocket." Alina scolded quietly.

"But they're only small bottles!" He whined.

"The thing you do when you're fighting. The... Like, the..." Yelena crouched into the pose Natasha always did. "This thing that you do when you whip your hair when you're fighting with the arm and the hair. And you do, like, a fighting pose. It's a... It's a fighting pose. You're a total poser."

"I'm not a poser." Natasha denied.

Wade and Alina laughed as Yelena spoke, "Oh, come on. I mean, they're great poses, but it does look like you think everyone's looking at you, like, all the time."

"All that time that i spent posing, I was trying to actually do something good," Natasha defended, "to make up for all the pain and suffering that we caused. Trying to be more than just a trained killer."

"And S.H.I.E.L.D. was the place to go?" Wade asked but she didn't say anything. "I'm right. God, it's so good being right!"

"Well, you were fooling yourself because pain and suffering is everyday and we are still all trained killers. Except I'm not the one that's on the cover of a magazine. I'm not the killer that little girls call their hero." Yelena said and made her way outside.

"I'll pay, go on." Wade whispered and Alina passed him the supplies she's needed before following Yelena.

"What do you want?" Yelena scoffed as she sat down, Alina sitting opposite her, still holding her wound.

"I looked for you." Alina stated and Yelena looked up at her. "I really tried, I swear, just couldn't find you. I get why, now."

"Thank you." Yelena mumbled. "And even if she doesn't think so, you're still my sister."

"You're still my sister. No matter how annoying you have become." Alina smirked and Yelena chuckled a little, looking away.

"Why do you put up with it?" Yelena quizzed after a beat of silence. Alina's eyebrows furrowed. "Natasha. I mean, she's clearly only using you. And, um... I still don't know his name."

"Wade." Alina said and Yelena nodded. "And I know. That's why I don't speak to her much outside of missions. Although, I'm not an Avenger anymore."

"Why?" Yelena questioned. "I thought being an Avenger was some sort of great privilege."

"It's not all that great, if I'm honest. I thought I could use my... talents elsewhere." Alina shrugged. "Plus, it pays better."

"And you need that for your wedding, right?" Yelena asked, having seen her ring.

"Hm, I don't know if we'll get to have one." Alina hummed.

"If you do, I can come?" Yelena asked with a smile.

"Yeah. I need my sister there." Alina grinned making the blonde return it wider.

{775}