。eighty-three 。

-"You do know who I'm marrying, yes?"-

-
"You do know who I'm marrying, yes?"
-

The group walked into the Avengers compound, looking around after a few years of not stepping foot into the place, as they they went towards the sound of Rhodey's conversation. He was talking to Secretary Ross and annoyance was clear in his voice. Sam was helping Vision stand.

"You have second thoughts about that?" Ross asked Rhodey, his body in a hologram.

"Not anymore." Rhodey answered and then looked to Steve and Natasha who were approaching, Wade and Alina behind them, Wanda, Sam and Vision behind the couple.

"Mr. Secretary." Steve greeted confidently.

Ross' hologram walked closer, "You got some nerve. I'll give you that."

"You could use some of that right now." Natasha replied.

"The world's on fire. And you think all is forgiven?" Ross asked, looking to Steve.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission." Steve stated.

"Maybe it won't be me on the Sex Offender Shuffle." Wade whispered to Alina who grinned to herself, slapping his stomach lightly.

"Earth just lost her best defender." Steve ignored Wade. "So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way... we'll fight you, too."

Ross turned to Rhodey, "Arrest them."

"All over it." Rhodey responded and made the call end, Ross and the table of important people disappearing from the room. "That's a court-marshal." The group broke out into smiles. "It's great to see you, Cap."

Steve moved to shake his hand, "You too, Rhodey."

Rhodey chuckled and greeted Natasha, "Hey." They then hugged before he looked to the rest of them. "Wow. You guys... really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years."

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star. And we were sharing them with the human noise machine." Sam added.

Wade gave a small 'Ha!', "Oh, my God! Sam, you just tickle my pickle."

"No, Alina does. The walls are thin."

"Uh, I think you look great." A familiar voice spoke up and they looked to see Bruce coming out of a neighbouring room, human again. "Uh... Yeah, I'm- I'm back."

"Hi, Bruce." Natasha smiled.

"Nat." Bruce nodded and they stared at one another for an uncomfortable amount of time.

"This is awkward." Sam whispered making Wanda and Vision glance at him.

"Moving on from that strange amount of eye contact." Alina hummed, stepping between Natasha and Steve, walking towards the room Bruce just left. "We have more important things than disgustingly weird reunions."