。fifty two 。

-"Steve?"-

-
"Steve?"
-

Alina sat at the back of the jet, curled into herself. Steve sat beside her as she leant her head on his arm, holding his hand tightly to try and remember she wasn't part of the nightmare she was forced to endure.

Steve was suffering through his but kept silent while he moved his head, resting his cheek on the top of her head. Natasha was still out of it like Alina, Thor fiddling with his fingers while Bruce was curled under a blanket.

Tony was listening to Maria speak, "The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air."

"The Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asked.

"Already on the scene." Maria answered. "How's the team?"

"Everyone's..." Tony paused, glancing at the horrified Avengers. "We took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here." Maria advised.

"So, run and hide?" Tony questioned.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." Maria mumbled.

Tony sighed, "Neither do we." He then clicked off the call and moved to Clint. "Hey, you wanna switch out?"

"No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, how's a good time because were still a few hours out." Clint replied.

"Few hours from where?" Tony asked.

"A safe house." Clint responded.

"Steve?" Alina asked quietly and he lifted his head to look down at her. She tilted her head to meet his eyes. "Where's- Where's Wade?"

"I called him and he's at your apartment." Steve answered and she nodded, swallowing thickly in worry. "Hey, Clint?"

"Yeah?" Clint called from the pilot seat.

"Can we make a stop? At Alina's, keep stealth mode on and just land on the roof." Steve requested.

"Yeah, sure." Clint nodded.

Steve gave him the address and Clint made a quick diversion away from his farm to Alina's building. He landed the jet, still invisible as he did so. Alina moved her body from Steve's when he stood up slowly and got out of the jet, going downstairs to her door.

Luckily for him, no one else was in the building so he knocked on Wade and Alina's door, it being pulled open by the mercenary who grinned at him, his suit half off his body at his waist, "Hey, blondie. Miss me that much?"

"You need to come with us." Steve stated, getting to the point. "Alina's..."

"She's what?" Wade straightened up, suddenly serious for once. "What happened?"

"I don't know but someone messed with her head and she needs you." Steve explained and Wade nodded, grabbing a pair of trousers before shoving a t-shirt over his head, still in his suit and crocs.

They walked back up to the jet and Clint opened the door for them. Tony stood up when he saw Wade but Steve shook his head silently at him, the mercenary rushing towards Alina quickly.

"Hey, dungarees." Wade greeted quietly and she looked up at him, reaching to cup his face with her shaky hands.

"You're okay." Alina sniffled and he sat down next to her.

"I'm okay. I'm fine." He chuckled and she moved to sit on his lap, hugging him close by his neck, her cheek pressed to his chest to hear his heart. "You know I can't die, right? Or did you forget my superpowers. If so, I'm offended deeply by you."

"I didn't kill you." Alina exhaled heavily and his concern grew as well as his confusion.

"You never- What? Alina, you wouldn't kill me." Wade said gently, kissing her head as he held her close. "Oh, fuck."

"Who's the Freddy Krueger lookalike?" Tony asked Steve quietly.

"Not my place to say." Steve sighed, watching as Alina lifted her head to stare at Wade who smiled down at her, kissing her temple softly as he held her.

"I think he just answered my question." Tony hummed when Wade kissed her lips softly, Alina moving her arms around his neck, forcing her tears back.

"Don't say anything, Tony." Steve warned. "She doesn't need that, not at the minute."

"I'm sure we'll have an odd introduction later." Tony mused.

{700}