21

"Why do you look so sad?" 

Irita kong tiningnan si Hiro. "I'm not sad." 

He leaned over the counter while I was trying to work, wearing his playful smile. "She hasn't contacted you yet?" panghuhula niya. 

"I am giving her space," I corrected. "I haven't contacted her either." 

That incident must have been so hard for her. I would understand if she wanted to avoid me or not be near me again. I could not contact her, feeling guilty about what happened that day. I felt like part of it was my fault for even... knowing that guy, if he was really the reason.

"What if she's just waiting for you to contact her?" Hiro insisted. Napailing kaagad ako. I didn't want to be pushy. It might be bad for her. 

"If you have so much time to be here, you might as well buy our whole menu to help the business," pag-iba ko ng topic para tumigil na siya. 

"I don't think you still need help with your business. The coffee shop is packed." He looked around the place. Puno ang mga tables. Pinagtitinginan pa siya noong iba. 

"It's because you're a tourist attraction here, bro." Tinapik ko ang balikat niya. "Diyan ka lang para dumami ang customers namin." 

Napailing na lang siya sa akin at sumandal sa may counter para humarap doon sa may pintuan. Napatingin din tuloy ako roon habang nagko-compute ng sales namin. Haze and Acel went inside, looking for us. We agreed to meet here today just to catch up. Ngayon lang magkikita ulit si Hiro at Acel. 

"Hey, how are you?!" excited na tanong ni Acel pagkatapos nilang magyakap ni Hiro.

"Do you have an iced honey lemonade drink? It's for Acel." Nilapag kaagad ni Haze ang card niya sa may counter. He didn't even greet his brother. Wala silang pakialam sa isa't isa. "Don't make it too sweet. He likes it kind of sour." 

"I can make one," sabi ko sa kaniya. My friends just kept on barging in here, asking for drinks that weren't on the menu. I should still add those. Sa kaka-order nila ng mga wala sa menu, dumadami na ang available drinks namin. I liked expanding them to cater to different people's tastes. 

"Oh, aalis ka na rin late December?" rinig kong tanong ni Acel. Nagkekwentuhan na sila roon. "Aren't you going with him?" he asked Haze this time. 

"I'll go for a bit. It's Christmas," Haze answered. "What are your plans for Christmas?" he asked me. 

I shrugged. I didn't have a family, so I didn't know what to do. "Usual." I would probably just stay in my condo the whole day. 

"Do you want to come with us to Florida?" tanong naman ni Hiro sa akin. 

"You can spend time with my family," alok din ni Acel. 

I laughed and just shook my head, turning my back against them so I can make the drink. "I'll be fine." I was already used to it. Elyse and her mom will probably go to Japan. Hindi ko lang alam kung kasama 'yong isa. They were always out during Christmas.