22

"Ah... Fuck." 

Tinanggal ko ang helmet ko pagkababa ko ng motor. I was out with Hiro and Haze for a race. Sobrang init kaya dumeretso kaagad ako sa may lilim at kumuha ng tubig. I zipped down on my suit and left it hanging on my waist, which left me with my black shirt. It was not a good idea to do this today. It was so hot. 

"You won this time," competitive na sabi ni Haze pagkababa ng motor. He walked toward me while drinking water. 

Hiro, on the other hand, poured the water from the bottle on his head until it dripped down on his body because it was too hot and he was getting soaked in his own sweat. "Play polo with me and I swear I'll beat you." 

"Easy, boys." I shrugged, nagyayabang dahil nanalo ako ngayon. 

I took off my shirt and used it to wipe my sweat while waiting for the Juarez brothers to change. Nang makapagpalit na sila ay kinuha ko na rin ang shirt ko para makapunta na kami sa susunod naming gagawin. They really wanted to play polo so I just went along with them. Wala naman akong gagawin ngayong araw. 

We arrived at a polo field where they play. Hiro and Haze already had their own horses so I just chose a random one. We also had to change our clothes while waiting for the employee there to find some teammates for us. Palaging narito ang magkapatid kaya naman kilala rin nila mga naglalaro rito. 

I already knew how to play so they didn't have to teach me again. Pagkatapos makakuha ng mga kakampi ay nagsimula na kaming maglaro. Magkalaban si Hiro at Haze. I was teamed up with Hiro. 

Muntik pa akong mahulog sa kabayo habang naglalaro kaya tumigil muna ako para maayos ang sakay ko. The two brothers were going wild. Competitive pa silang dalawa sa isa't isa. 

Our team won. Haze claimed it was because his teammates sucked. Ayaw talagang magpatalo. "My body will probably hurt tomorrow," sabi ko pagkabalik sa bleachers. "I hope it doesn't hurt on Sunday."

"Why? Are you going somewhere?" tanong ni Hiro sa akin.

"I'm going to play baseball."

"Let's play baseball on Sunday, then," sabi naman ni Haze.

"No way," I said so quickly that both of them stared at me for being too defensive. "Uh... I'm with someone else."

"A date," sabay nilang sabi at tumango pa.

"It's not!" tanggi ko pero parang wala silang naririnig. 

I listed down the sports I played so we could discover them together. Kierra said she didn't play any sports except volleyball for P.E so we tried to discover where she was good at instead. Arts. We bought a canvas for each of us and found a good place to paint. 

We sat in a garden near the lake with a picnic mat to sit on. I also brought food, just in case we would feel hungry. She looked so angelic, wearing a cute light blue checkered dress and her long hair was in a half ponytail with a pastel blue ribbon at the back, leaving her bangs sitting pretty on her forehead. It suited her well.