VII

"Elaine

"Elaine..?"

Her brows raised as she quickly pulled the hood off of her head, her hair falling down her back. "Technoblade..?"
The man nodded, looking up at her as his hood fell off of his own head. "Why are you here?!"
"I was just.. out.."
Her brow quirked as she stood up, holding her hand out to help him up. "Do you need a place to stay?"
"Yes! Please.."
She nodded, going to shut the front door, dropping her sword by the door, heading over to the kitchen sink as she wiped the blood from her face and the cut on her arm, little red swirls surrounded her arm as the skin repaired itself.
Techno stood at the other end of the room, watching her, since when could she do that..

"So.. how come your on the run?"
"Uhh.. had a bit of a falling out, with some important people.. just need to stay on the down low.."
"Since when do you do 'on the down low' huh?"
"shut up.." the man grumbled, rolling his eyes.
"I'm kidding, but seriously.. who did you annoy?"
"I don't think you'd be too happy."
"Oh come on, who was it?" She wandered around her house, hanging up her cape, throwing some dishes in a sink and lighting her fireplace, sitting down on her sofa, looking at the pink haired man.
"Quackity, Fundy.. Toby.."
"You annoyed my brother? He's not easy to annoy, so that surprises me."
"You aren't mad?"
"Not really.. but I've got something else to sort of.. add to this.."
"What is it?"
"Toby exiled Tommy."
"What?"
"But it's not something Toby would do.. there was another guy there, Dream? Toby seemed to rely on Dream to clarify if what choices he made were the right ones."
The two of them fell silent, staring at something trying to figure something out.
"I saw what direction Tommy and Dream went, if you want to go look tomorrow?"
"No, no I told you I need to stay in the down low, you go, tell me what you see."
"Alright well, make yourself at home, I'm going to start preparing dinner."

Elaine stood and left the house, breathing out as she leaned against the door, she hadn't seen Techno in years, he'd aged well that's for sure, he used to be so quiet but a complete lunatic on the battlefield. Although she admired his technique and skill she would admit he was definitely a terrifying enemy to have. She wandered over to her garden and began pulling out some veggies, she replanted the ones she took out, wiping the sweat off her forehead. "Hey Buddy.." The woman turned to look over at the wolf that creeped up on her. "Are you staying for dinner?" The wolf yapped, plodding over to her house. She followed it and opened the door, letting him in.

"I never took you as a dog person."
"I'm not, but this one's grown on me"
"It got a name?"
"Nope."
They fell silent once again, it was a strange mood around the two, they hadn't seen eachother in so long yet they had no idea how to act, usually there would be hugs and tears for a reunion like this but both of them were very reserved.
She placed her veg on the countertop and rummaged through the drawers to find a key. "You coming?"
The man nodded as he stood and followed her outside, she pointed to her paddock of animals and her farm, explaining what she owned and what she was growing. "Aaand.. this is where I keep the meat." She unlocked the brick building and it was freezing inside, it had to be to preserve the meat. She shivered as she walked in, heading over to the beef. Knowing that Techno would probably be exhausted after being on the run for gods knows how long, she stood up on her tiptoes trying to reach a large slab of beef but wasn't having much luck, Techno however was stood by the door amused as he watched the woman struggle. He walked over to her, stood slightly behind her as he reached and took hold of it for her. Elaine turned around, looking at him with her eyes wide, his arm above her, his shirt slightly untucked.. She cleared her throat and thanked him as they headed back toward the house.

♕ - ⍟ - ♕

"I knew you cooked.. but not this well."
"Thank you? I think?" She watched as he ate the food she had prepared, laughing quietly as she finished off her own. She stood and placed her dish in the sink, she took hold of a pastry which she had made a few days previous and placed it on the table for him as she removed his now empty dish. "You'll have to show me how you make these.. you used to bring me them all the time.."
She washed the dishes and hummed in response to what he said. "Maybe I will.." She watched the soap slide off the dishes and placed them on a rack. "Would you like a bath?"
"Are you offering to bathe me?" His eyebrow quirked, looking at the woman who's face went a bright pink.
"N-No! I was just offering to run it for you because I'm going to change..!" She watched as the man laughed, looking towards the stairs. "Sure, a bath would be nice." Elaine let out a breath as she walked upstairs, she turned the water on for the bath then headed to her bedroom which she would be sharing for the next no one knows how long, she removed her clothing and sighed as she sat back on the bed in just her undergarments for a moment, letting the cold air cover her body, it was strangely peaceful but she soon put on a cream satin nightdress, she tied her hair back into a messy bun (very messy due to her curly hair.) She glanced at herself in a makeshift mirror and smiled, she'd only recently bought the night dress but it hugged her curves nicely, strands of her hair fell down at either side of her face, framing it nicely. She wandered into the bathroom, placing her hand in the water to see it was warm enough, she switched off the water and shouted for the pink haired man. She heard the stairs creak as he made his way up them.

♕ - ⍟ - ♕

techno's pov (👀)

His gaze landed on the woman who was practically bent over the bath, he stared for a moment before clearing his throat and looking away. "Thank you.."
"I've added some salts and other things which should hopefully clear some of your wounds."
He nodded and watched as she left the room, he shut the door and began to remove his clothing, looking at some of his scars and newer cuts with a huff. He stepped into the bath and let the warm water soak his skin. He leaned back and stared at the ceiling, he was lucky to have ran into Elaine.. he knew it was her house when he walked in and saw all the little photos she had scattered around, he didn't plan on staying but the thought of reconnecting with her had him quite excited, and that was a rare feeling for the man. He couldn't deny he was quite upset when news had got out she had moved away, they communicated monthly through letters for the first year and then she stopped sending them back. He never knew why that was but he wasn't going to pry and ask.

After a while of being in the bath, he washed himself off along with his hair and reached for a towel, drying off his body as he wrapped it around his waist. Techno knocked on the bedroom door hearing a faint "Come in", the woman who was currently sat in the bed pointed to some clothes that were on the end. "Made them for you, you better wear them." He chuckled and returned to the bathroom, quickly sliding the clothes on before he returned to the bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed, he watched as some red swirls came from the woman's hand and how it dried his hair for him. "Thank you.. for this.."
"Course.. goodnight Techno."
"goodnight, princess."

( sort of a filler, but also sort of cute )