XXIII

♕ - ⍟ - ♕

♕ - ⍟ - ♕

The last thing the woman could remember was everything going dark, she never imagined she would be laying in her bed, arm patched up and it feeling unimaginably sore.. however the thing she didn't expect the most was looking up to see her a partner with a baby in his arms.. "Techno?" She whispered, glancing at him as he turned to her with a smile. "Mum thought.. this was the best option.." She nodded slowly, she'd had a cesarean section.. was her injury that bad. "It's a boy.. Do you wanna hold him?" She nodded again, she didn't know what to say, she was confused and felt a little overwhelmed, she sat up and took the baby from him and looked down at the small boy with a smile, she ran a hand over his head, taking in his facial features. "Nicholas..?" She looked at the pinkette who was sat on the end of the bed, he raised a brow as if for her to continue. "Victory of the people.." a smiled formed on the man's face as he lay down next to her, looking at the baby. "I like it.."

♕ - ⍟ - ♕

Time passed, Nicholas got older.. mainly due to the use of spells, months moved like years and suddenly she was sitting infront of a 7 year old boy, a smart and strong boy who looked just like his father.. he had the strength of his father but the intelligence of his mother. The mission the two boys had been working on was well underway now and she was starting to be part of it.. it was hard balancing it along with their child, he wasn't in school so he had to be homeschooled so that took up a lot of their time but right now she was watching her two boys outside as Techno was showing him fight techniques. "Mum watch this! I can knock Dad's sword out of his hand!" She snapped out of her thoughts and watched with a smile, she watched as the two boys fought and Techno dramatically dropped his sword, she laughed softly. "You'll be stronger than your dad one day." The two boys laughed before the three of them headed inside, being greeted by Phil. "Elaine, can we talk?" She looked to Techno with a raised brow, who just shrugged. She turned to Phil and wandered to a small study room that they had. "Phil, you okay?" The man turned to her with a stern look on his face, he held out an envelope, handing it to her. "What's this?" She took hold of the letter, looking at the wax seal, she ran her thumb over it and held her breath, opening up the letter as she skimmed through the words, looking at who sent it and her eyes instantly shot up to the man infront of her. "Phil, what is this.. is this a joke? Because it's not funny." The blonde shook his head as he stared at her. "You need to go and see him, before he does something, he knows you care.. you need to go." The woman nodded her head as she shoved the letter into her pocket. "Yeah, yeah of course.. um.. Phil how does he know where we are, you said you were being careful."
"We messed up a bit, I'm sorry.. but you need to go, like now.."
"Yeah.." She nodded and walked past him, going upstairs. Nicholas went back outside to play so Phil took the time to explain to Techno what was going on, who of course wasn't very happy, he doesn't want her going out on her own.. what if she gets hurt, what if she doesn't come back?

The woman rummaged around in her bedroom, grabbing a few things she may need, she changed out of her dress that she'd grown fond of wearing.. she had enjoyed living a quiet farm life.. but obviously all good things come to an end, she knew soon enough she'd be part of getting the boys back.. just not this soon. As she packed a small bag for herself she glanced in the mirror and let out a deep breath as she settled her nerves, looking to the door as it swung open. "Techno.." she stared at him, scanning his face. "I'm not happy that you're going."
"And you think I am..? It's either I go alone, or we all go.. but that means putting Nic in danger, he's strong but he's not ready for something like that."
"What am I not ready for?" The two adults heads whipped around at the sound of their sons voice. "Why are you packing a bag.. are you leaving?"
"No! No.. I'm not leaving, well.. I am for a bit."
"And are you coming back?"
Silence filled the room as the woman looked between the two boys. "Nic pack a bag, we're going on a road trip.. and get some potions. You'll need them." The pinkette spoke in a stern fatherly tone, his son instantly marching to his room to do as he's told. "Technoblade. Are you crazy!!" She whisper-shouted at her partner, eyes wide.
"This is a mess we'll fix as a family, he's a clever boy. He deserves to meet his uncles don't you think?"
"Not like this! Toby doesn't even want to see me.. and god knows what Tommy thinks of us."
"We'll find out soon enough. Pack some stuff for me and I'll let Phil know the plan."