III

"You ready Tobs?""As I'll ever be El

"You ready Tobs?"
"As I'll ever be El.."

♕ - ⍟ - ♕

"Now Presenting, Princess Elaine & Prince Toby of Manberg!"

Elaine cautiously walked down the stairs, bunching up part of her dress in her hand as to not fall over, she could hear everyone in the room murmuring about them and it made her nervous to even look up but she did, she held her head high until she made her way infront of the king, Toby at the side of her. "Thank you, for the invite Your Majesty." The king nodded at her and smiled, which she returned and stood off to the side.
"Now that everyone is here, let the fun commence!" The kings voice boomed through the room and music started up as well as chatter, Elaine remained stood to the side as she wasn't sure where to start, Toby was bouncing next to her as he spotted his friend, she hadn't noticed until the boy tugged on her arm. "Can I go?"
"Yes but stay close incase.. something goes wrong, okay?"
"Okay! Thank you!"
She watched as the young boy ran off, shouting for his friend as she shook her head laughing to herself quietly.

♕ - ⍟ - ♕

Elaine had explored the room and danced with a few people and decided it would now be a good idea to try and execute her plan, she headed over to a large door and quickly slipped out of it, walking around trying to find whatever she could that would be useful, she walked slowly and quietly trying to act as though she was lost, she wandered for a while before she came across what looked like a joint library and office, her head tilted to the side before slowly pushing open the door, she looked around at everything in the mid size room then came across the desk finding lots of papers which she brushed her hand over, reading them, a lot of it seemed to be about mythology & war..
a strange combination but interested her nonetheless, she pulled a chair over to the desk and sat down to read the papers. She was sat in silence reading for about 5 minutes until she heard the door open.

"Can I help you?"
Elaine froze at the voice and kept her back to the man.
"I uh.. was looking for a balcony or gardens.. the room got stuffy so I went for a walk.."
"Well this isn't a balcony or a garden princess, so what're you doing snooping around my stuff?"
She felt an hand on her arm and turned around, looking up to meet the eyes of the man, his eyes were a blistering red.
"I was just interested, I apologise, I'll be leaving.." she took a step to go past him but was quickly stopped by him.
"Do you want me to show you to the gardens?"
She glanced back at him, her eyes going wide.
"Really..?"
"Sure, I'm not one for a social get together either believe it or not."
Elaine laughed softly at this, nodding her head.
"Lead the way.. uh.."
"Technoblade.. or Techno.."
She smiled, holding a hand out for him to shake.
"Elaine.."
The man shook her hand and chuckled lowly at the goofiness of the woman, he knew who she was, she was announced before she walked into the room but, I suppose a 'formal' first interaction was needed. Technoblade began to walk ahead of her and led her down the corridors, she had grabbed a few papers regarding his war plans before she left and hid them in a compartment in her corset and followed closely behind him.

"Soo.. you like mythology?"
"I do, Greek mythology mainly."
"Any reason why?"
"My mother, she used to compare us all to someone from Greek mythology.." the man chuckled to himself, a smile painted on his face. "Theseus, Ares and Apollo.."
"I can guess who was who." The woman looked at him, a gentle smile tugged at her lips.
"Yes well, it's not hard to guess.."

She nodded and continued to follow him as they walked, falling back into comfortable silence. Elaine didn't know much about Technoblade or any of the Antarctic Empire for that matter, Technoblade the same, he knew nothing about Elaine or much about Manberg, now would be a good time to learn..

♕ - ⍟ - ♕

Techno and Elaine had spent at least an hour in the gardens together before returning back to the ballroom where all the guests still were, Techno introduced Elaine properly to the king and they got along very well, the King and Elaine had one thing in common; the way they favourite certain breeds of birds. Techno didn't understand it but, 'to each their own'
he thought to himself. He had gone back to stand by the throne as he watched Elaine dance with guests, he knew that she was trying to get people to like her and her kingdom and she was trying very hard, it was admirable but.. it wasn't enough, there were still many people who pointed at her and looked disgusted whenever she came near. He watched as she made her way through the crowd, over to her brother who hugged her tightly, showing off his new friends, she had a smile plastered on her face the whole time and Techno was completely infatuated by her.

"Tobes, we need to get going home soon.. it's getting late and.. you know who won't be very happy."
"Oh come onnn.. I'm having fun!"
"Hey! If you want to talk to the king himself and see if he'll let you stay over in his kingdom then be my guest but I'm going home, I'll be leaving in the carriage in 10 minutes."
The siblings nodded at eachother and the woman left the room, the young boy soon bounding over to where the king was sat, Techno's other brother following behind him.

"Tommy, who's this?"
"The Princesses brother, Toby."
"Ah.. What can I do for you Toby?"
"Well, Elaine, she asked me to ask you if I can stay here for the night because I'm having such a good time."
"And where is she going?"
"She's going home, Your Majesty."
"Safely?"
"Yes, in our carriage."
"As long as it's okay with her, it's okay with me. Tommy show your friend where he will be staying."
"Thanks Dad!"

Techno watched the teens run off, then looked over to the doors, he'd see Elaine again tomorrow, she'd come pick up Toby, probably..