XIII

♕ - ⍟ - ♕

♕ - ⍟ - ♕

Techno and Phil had gone out to search for anybody who could possibly be teamed with Dream and if anyone was in the area, they both knew that what Elaine had said about Dream coming to look for Tommy was true and would most likely happen but, they didn't know when. Speaking of Elaine, at the moment she was sat in the basement, making up an outfit for Tommy while he stayed with them, it was far too cold for him to be wearing what he was, he was wearing her cape right now just to keep the chill off him, he had fallen asleep on the couch upstairs not long after Phil and Techno had left. "Hey you.." she murmured as she felt fur brush against her leg, looking down at a white wolf. "Surprised you followed us here.. and that Phil let you stay." She laughed softly, holding up the light blue cape. "What d'you think? Think he'll like it?" The wolf yapped at her, nudging her leg. "What about the clasp, hm?" She lowered it to the animal who sniffed it, making a low gurgling noise. She smiled and nodded, picking up the clothing as she wandered upstairs, shaking the sleeping boy.
"Hm? Oh.. Mornin"
"Afternoon Toms, here, I made these for you." She placed the folded clothing on the couch next to him with a smile.
"You made these? For me?" She leaned her head toward him with a tiny nod, pushing the clothing slightly closer to him. "I'm gonna go try them on, I'll be back!"
She watched as the teen picked up the clothes, running upstairs. She took her cape once he stood and put it back on herself, sighing softly as she let the warmth engulf her.
"Okay, ready?"
"When you are!"
She looked towards the stairs seeing the blonde come down them wearing black trousers, a white tunic and a cape similar to her own. "Well don't you look handsome."
"Stoppp.." he grumbled, walking over to her, her laughing at his reaction. "Happy?" He nodded and leaned into her side as he sat next to her, hugging her, they sat in silence for a while as she ran her fingers through his hair. "What happened out there Toms.."
"Out where?"
"Dont play dumb Tommy.."
"I don't.. wanna talk about it, I'm sorry, please don't be mad." She sighed, hugging him closer to her for a moment.
"Tom I could never be mad at you, I'm here whenever your ready to talk.. all of us are.."
"Thank you.." She stayed hugging the boy for a moment before standing, stretching her arms up. "You wanna come help me see to the animals?"
"I'm gonna stay in here doodling.."
"Alright, shout if you need anything."

♕ - ⍟ - ♕

Elaine had fed all of the animals, mucked out stalls and stables, pulled up some veggies to use for a meal later that evening, she had thrown her cape over a fence due to getting quite a sweat from doing so much work. She was now stood playing fetch with the wolf, in other words; the wolf kept dropping a stick for her while she was busy and she needed to keep him occupied. This kept up for a while until she felt gusts of strong wind come her way. "Hi!" She shouted seeing the two men making their way toward her. "How'd it go?"
"Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary, did you finally finish that clothing for him?"
"Mhm, I also pulled up some veg and left it in the kitchen so Phil can cook us dinner."
"I heard that! Why have I always got the responsibility of cooking?"
"Because of Techno cooked, he'd kill us. And my hands are blistered from doing all the work around here!"
"She's got a point." Techno chimed in, before another voice did.
"A fair point indeed." The redhead turned to wear the voice came from, breath hitching in her throat.
"Well isn't this just a lovely surprise! My favourite royals in one place.."
"What do you want Dream?"
"Your son, he's gone missing. I'm just trying to take him back to his place of exile, he hasn't finished serving his time Phil."
"Is that all?"
The masked man nodded, Phil clearing his throat. "Well we haven't seen him, it's just the 3 of us."
"Well if that's the case, you won't mind if I have a look around?" Elaine glared at Techno, who glanced to his Father. "Not at all, right this way." Phil wrapped his arm around Dream's shoulder, starting with the outbuildings. Elaine darted inside as she grabbed her cape, throwing it over her shoulders. "Tommy..! Tommy..!" She whisper shouted, looking around for the boy. "What is it?"
"You need to hide, now..!"
"Why?"
"Dream.. he's here.."
"What!? I thought you said I was safe! You lied!!"
"I-I didn't lie! I just didn't.. know.. come on, this way!"
She dragged him by the hand down into the basement where she pulled aside a painting. "Wait inside here, okay?"
"Okay.." she watched as the boy crawled into the small hole, covering it back up with the painting as she let out a breath.

"What's down here Phil?"
"Just our basement, Elaine's been renovating it, it's where she makes all our clothing." She could hear the men speaking as they came down the stairs, shushing the young boy behind the painting as she wandered over to her usual station, pretending to sketch a new outfit idea. "Dream." She nodded to him as she saw his hand hit her desk. "Where is he Elaine, I know you've been visiting him."
"I haven't visited in a few weeks, unfortunately this is news to my me just as much as it is you."
"Is that so?" She saw his brow quirk just above his mask as he leaned closer toward her, her managing to keep a stern face until Techno cleared his throat from behind him.
"Okay fine. I'm satisfied, clearly he's not here."
She waited until Dream turned around before letting out a breath she didn't even know she was holding. Phil showed Dream upstairs and Techno turned to face her. "Where is he?" She laughed gently, pointing to the painting as the young blonde pushed it aside, waving at him.