Chapter 28

Here's another chapter for you guys !! it's REALLY short! i'm sorry! but i don't know when i can get my hands on a computer with internet again so i did it really quick!

hopefully i can update again tomorrow! love you all xx

__________________________________________

I thought I’d never have to see my father again. Not since I last spoken to him anyway. I thought that would be it, that that would be the last time I’d see him. I let my guard down.

‘I get it… that you’re into all this stuff…’

‘This… stuff? I… have my beliefs, I have faith but don’t you?’ the girls’ voice was soft, curious sounding. I shifted closer into Jace’s arms.

‘No, there’s too much bad shit in this world.’ The boy replies looking at her.

‘Without suffering there’d be no compassion.’

‘Yeah, well, tell that to those who suffer.’

It was about six weeks after the Spring Dance, Jace and I were on the couch cuddled up and watching a movie called A Walk to Remember, which was pretty ironic considering the situation we were in.

There was a knock on the door, and since I’ve been living here for what felt like ages now, I didn’t think twice about it. Jace got up after a kiss on my forehead and left the room to answer the door.

I remember hearing a grunt and then a body hitting the floor. I remember getting up and running, asking what was wrong, and that was where I found my own father bashing Jace up, who was unconscious on the floor after getting hit on the head with the baton my father was holding onto.

I screamed and cried. My father didn’t seem to see me though.

‘STOP. DAD, STOP. PLEASE!’

I begged for him to stop while I grabbed onto the arm that was smashing the baton into Jace’s body ruthlessly. And when I finally managed to somehow snatch the baton off him, he punched me in the face and shoved me away.

I fell and hit my head but I didn’t think twice about getting back up again, didn’t give another thought to the blood that was suddenly running down my neck.

I remember the sound of a bone breaking, of fists pounding into skin and bone. My unheard cries and begging.

I don’t think I’ve ever begged my father before.

Not since my mother left us anyway.

Right when I realised he was bashing my fiancé to death I finally hit him on the head with the baton. Twice. And then it was as if I wasn’t in my own body anymore, everything happened way too fast, or too slowly, depending on which way you looked at it.

Five policemen came in. It took three of which to pry the big man they call my father, off of my fiancé. Brett magically appeared beside me and held me back as I went to rush to Jace’s aid, not letting me touch him. The ambulance people came and took Jace away from me. I was still crying and screaming for Brett to let me go. My father was gone and taken away. Brett brought me downstairs when I finally finished crying on his shoulder. The nurses checked me over. I ended up going to the hospital in a different van to Jace, Brett right beside me and saying things that I couldn’t hear as I sat beside him staring unseeingly, the memory of my father’s fists on Jace’s face replaying in my mind horribly.

My fault. It was all my fault.

Within twelve hours this is what happened: my father is being imprisoned, all they need is my confession to send him in jail. Jace is in intensive care with four broken ribs, two bruised ribs, a concussion, a shattered left shin, has in twenty-three stitches and other bruises and cuts all over his body. They still haven’t let me in his room yet. And me? I have a black eye and mild-concussion, you know, the usual.

I was forced to see Dr Emily who came in even though she was off today. I had another check-up. And I learnt something absolutely thrilling and amazing. Something I never thought was possible or that could happen. To me anyway.

I guess miracles really do happen.

Now all I have to do is wait for Jace to wake up again. That would be a miracle within itself.

_________________________________

What could it be?! ;o

Don't forget to

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT

AND SMILE :3

definitely smile.

:)

A Walk to Remember <3

haven't seen it? WATCH IT RIGHT NOW BRO.