Chapter 1

http://www.wattpad.com/8628888-things-and-stuff-what-i-hide 
click and read please xox

____________________________________________________________

Almost two years had passed and everything was still the same, I steered clear from my father and made sure he didn’t know I was living with him, made sure he was passed out before I’d go anywhere.

I locked the door and put my bag down slow and carefully so I wouldn’t make a loud noise.

I shuddered and opened the dusty blinds before sitting at my desk and starting my long lost homework. My stomach growls after not eating for the sixth time this week but I dismiss it not wanting to come out of my bedroom and have to face my father if he wakes up, I didn’t want to have to face him at all.

I shut my eyes for a long moment and will myself to forget the day I got thrown and bashed. The blood and screams of my mother; my father’s strength and threats.

My stomach growls again but this time it was worse and I couldn’t help the groan that slipped out as I clutched my stomach. I look at the bedroom door fearfully my whole body freezing as I held my breath and stared at the door for what felt like ages, my ears straining to hear the loud heavy footsteps and cursing of my father, the banging of the door as he threatened to break down the door.

It didn’t come so I relaxed into the chair again and faced my homework. It was blank and I could see practically nothing, none of it seemed to make sense right now even though I sat there and stared and stared until I realised I couldn’t see anything as the sun had changed to moon and my room was suddenly black.

But of course my father would find out sooner or later; the reason why his money went low every now and then, the reason why the door was unlocked at times.

I wake up to a banging on the door and I knew exactly who it was before sitting up quickly and staring where I knew the door was, lights streaming from around the gaps.

‘Lemme in!’ my father’s slurred words yelled, muffled by the door. ‘I know you’re in there!’

I leant against the bedpost, body and mind now wide awake as I checked the clock and could see it was only 3 in the morning.

‘Where’d ya go huh? Your mother thought I killed you so she ran away! You bitch! I knew you were alive!’ He snarls.

I looked back and stared at the door hard, praying it wouldn’t break under the persistent banging of the person they call my father. My eyes widen and my body shakes with fear.

Please, please don't come in!

‘Claire! I said lemme in ya bitch!’ he growls, voice deadly and making me flinch. His knocking getting louder and louder and making me cover my ears as I curled into a ball.

‘Open the bloody f****** door!’ his deep voice commands. But I couldn’t, my body was frozen on the bed by fear my nails digging into my palms as I formed a fist.

‘Open it!’ he screams at the top of his lungs and making me cower off the bed and against the wall pressing my body harder and harder into it as if I could make myself disappear.

He bashes the door even louder, my pulse pumping in my ears and my heart jumping out of my throat making me want to puke. God no, please don't come in! But I knew the door would let out soon under his strength, as much as he was a useless drunkard he was still strong as he was only 32 years old. Mother and father having me at the age of 16, at least my father was 16 at the time…

Before I knew it the door was hit one last time before the splinter of wood filled my hearing and my father’s ragged breathing washed over me.

‘What did I tell you about not listening to me?’ he yells in my face picking me up by my neck; the stench of alcohol washing over me and making me want to gag as his fingers closed in around my neck.