Chapter 14 (picture of Mack)

Picture on the side is Mack! :33

blue eyeeeessssssssss. don't ask why i love them, i just do XD   .... okay. his eyes aren't that amazing in this picture but i'll put a better one up later! XD

anyway, enjoy and vote if you can! xx

____________________________________________________________

'Why did I-'

'You talk?' a voice I've only ever heard from far away says shocked.

~~~

I turn after a small second of freezing only to find myself standing face to face with Brett in all his hotness. Obvious to say I felt ugly and exposed almost immediately.

I shook my head dumbly.

His brow furrows and he seemed genuinely confused, 'you did, I heard you,' he says stepping toward me only to cause me to step back... and into the tree. He stops. 'Why don't you talk to people?' he asks tilting his head as he watched for any reaction of his words as if I couldn't understand.

I shrugged.

He heard me, he knows I talk, I might as well. 'What's there to say to you people?' I ask nonchalantly and judging by his flinch he hadn't expected that answer.

He goes quiet.

'I saw what they did... I heard them...' he says as if he was sorry.

I looked away, fisting my hands as I dug my nails into my numb palm, pain shooting up my wrist not a moment later. I shrugged again, 'it doesn't matter. They're right anyway.' I muttered, and as much as it killed me to say, maybe I really was hoping that someone would care, that someone would notice. Aside from Mack and Jace of course.

Jace...

'It does matter,' Brett says incredulously but I wouldn't look at him, 'what she said was wrong. And she only hates you because she's in love with that Jackass.'

'Mack?' I ask.

He nods disgust written on his face as he looks away into the distance and fingers something in his pocket.

‘Maybe,’ I murmur before giving a slight shrug and hugging myself as a blast of wind hit me. 

He goes quiet for a moment as we just stood there, silence awkward as he seemed to want to say something but wasn’t sure how.

‘I should go,’ he says evasively meeting my eyes again.

I nodded.

And just like that he was gone. And it started to snow. And his tracks slowly started to disappear as if he was never there.

Was he? Or was I dreaming?

I pinch myself but sure enough I was definitely awake.

‘Hey B, where were you at lunch and the rest of the day? It’s like you disappeared!’ Mack says as he walked toward me where I waited by his car. His sentence wasn’t intentional but it hit too close to home for my comfort, causing me to turn away and touch the door handle impatiently.

He unlocks the door and when we got in he stared at me, not touching the car just yet.

‘You okay?’

I wanted to ignore him. I did. But…

I shrugged.

‘What happened?’ he growls turning so he could look at me properly as I stared down at me wringing fingers.